Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Hedgie Vitamins

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jade 
#1 ·
Hey there!

I just have a quick question about feeding my hedgie, I've had him for over a year now so I should probably know this stuff, but sometimes I just don't think of it...

Anywhoo, where does my hedgie get his calcium from? I don't think there is much, if any, in the food that is available to me. I read somewhere on the internet that you could feed hedgies Yogurt but not milk or cheese because of Lactose or something, Is this a good idea?

I also gave him a raspberry one day to see what he would do and he decided to eat it while I wasn't looking (it was really cute he had raspberry smushed all over his face and he gave me one of those "I didn't do it" looks when I caught it... but that's a little off topic...) Is this alright for him? he didn't poop green stuff, get diarehha, or act any differantly after eating it. doesthat mean it's OK?

Looking forward to your input!

Annie & Diggory

#2 ·
I just saw this post today!

Hedgies are lactose intolarant for the most part. They should not have milk or cheese but can have yogurt in small quantities. I wouldn't feed it too often though.

Raspberries are fine as are most fresh fruits & veggies. Bananas, apples, melons, berries...Hedgies can be picky eaters so you may need to try several different kinds to find what your hedgie likes.:)

What kind of food are you feeding your hedgie?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.