Help... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Angry Help...

Well.... I had names all picked out. If it was a boy it was gonna be: Frodo & if it was a girl I was thinking Kodo...

Well, I got a girl!! BUT Kodo just doesn't seem right so now I don't know what to call her (for some dumb reason the only thing that keeps popping in my head is: Pidgieodo, all thanks to those darn Pokemon's )

suggestions please!!

Here she is:

NO you are NOT touching me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Is that food I smell??
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

OK OK I'll turn around so you can see me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

ya got your picture, you happy? Now I'm gonna go hide!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:22 PM

AWW Kay she is SO cute!Is his your first hedgie ever?Great colour to..Hmm...Im not good with anes (took me a LONG time for both my girls names) but jsut wait and see and a name will probably come up maybe..But other ppl will of coarse have suggestions.. Yah, but if ya have ANY questions at all make sure yah post em' cuz id love to help ya out if ya need opinions or anything and im srue all the toehr hog owners would too!Good luck with her!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Thanks Cait!! I was watching her eat & for some reason "Widget" popped into my head... so unless someone comes up with something better I think it will be Widget!!
Yea Cait it is my first Hedgie ever!! :-D I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as the days go on!!
How long does it usually take for them to stop hissing & be used to you? (I am trying to avoid handling her too much for the first couple days so she can get used to her new home)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats on your new baby Kay!! She's adorable! You take such great pictures. I bet you are having a blast just watching and getting used to her - and her to you.
I'm horrid with names - I always think that my animals will just tell me what their names are - and they usually do!

I don't know anything about hedgies- but your set-up looks really nice.

All the luck in the world with her - she's just sooo cute!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

She's a cutie! I really like the name Widget. CONGRATULATIONS!! :blob1: :blob2:

As far as how long it will take for her to stop hissing depends on her. Just take it nice and slow and she'll be running to the side of the cage to greet you in no time. Grover was practically begging to be picked up in the pet store, that's why I chose him. The only time he ever really balled up was when I showed him to my nephew for the first time and my nephew made a half squeal, half laughing noise and scared Grover. LOL

Rhonda

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

When I was at the petstore the other night the males seemed more relaxed, BUT she is one I didn't hold. The manager picked her up & she never quilled up once until she saw a kid run buy. AND she was kissing my hand (was she planning to bite me??) yes after I got kisses she was a keeper! I just checked on her & she found her food dish! She even took a piece of food from my fingers :-D I think in time when she adjusts she will be a sweetie (at least I hope!)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:57 PM

She is so CUTE!!! For a name. . . . . how about Gidget Cootiehiney after Jodi (that is jgawana's title now )LOL And Gidget is almost like Widget. Just a suggestion
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:08 PM

ok well thats great that you just leave her alone for a day to get used to the new smells and cage nad sounds. And to get her more used to you, get a well worn shirt that will have your smell on it and put it in her cage..That way when you hold her it will be a smell that is not as new! And it really all depends on the hedgie..Usually it will take a few weeks for them to be totally comfy with you holding them..some take even longer..
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:09 PM

hehe i jsut noticed the Widget name! its cute! hhehee my girls name is Bridget!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

LOL Bev! I didn't even realize that when I named her Widget!! Too funny! Where the heck is Jodi anyway?!?!?!

Cait I think she fits right in name wise, I totaly forgot you have Bridget
The shirt thing is a GOOD idea!!! maybe this weekend I will wear a t-shirt that I don't wear that often so I can put it in there! WOW that is a good idea! Thanks!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 10:26 PM

Oh ya, just make sure they are no loos threads or anything cuz hedgies can get there feet tangled REAL easy. That could lead to have it amputated if if it cuts off cirrculation. I check my girls Feet over everyday to make sure they havnt got any trouble there.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 11:26 PM

Oh congrats Kay! She's adorable. I like the name Widget too. When Isobella went to her new home I had to warn them that they must absolutely wash their hands before handling her. If they even remotely smell like food you will get two quick warning licks before she digs in. You might get a little nibble once in a while but I haven't seen any hedgie "attack" a person.

Tags
meal worms, pet store