hi - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

hi

hi im new here and i wanted to say hi i have lots of pets but recently ive seen hedgies and they seem such awesome pets.i have wanted one for a while ive been doing research but i do have a ?. i was wondering what size cage i would need for a baby and whats a good substrate for in the cage?would towels papertowels or aspen be ok and the pros and cons of them?thanks and i cant wait until i get a hedgie!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Playful Pup

Hey, welcome! I have a hedgie-lily. I can tell you that pine bedding is a good substrate to use. some pros on hedgies are that they are very cute,fun, and are fun to handle and care for! Two cons I can tell you of is that they can be expensive to buy and care for and also that you will end up stepping on and finding their quills around your house( if you let them run around). Thats ok though because their funniness and cuteness covers it all up! Hope you get a hedgie! You'll love it to death! Keep us updated!

~ animalchic24/7 ~
*God created even the smallest of creatures with amazing detail and design*
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 PM

I dont use bedding, you can actually buy liners. I wouldnt buy pine or cedar bedding these are harmful to hedgehogs. If any thing get care fresh or aspen. Thing is with bedding the bedding can get stuck in there privates.

Tags
pine bedding