How fascinating!! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I think I had Grover for almost a year before I got him a wheel, then it took him over a month before he actually figured out how to use it! He completely avoided it for 2 weeks, then curiosity got the better of him and he jumped in.....but only slept in it. I was soooooooo excited when he finally figured it out until I realized I had a marathon runner who would stay up all night running. He stays in my bedroom and even though the wheel didn't squeak, I could hear it making a whoosing noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:02 AM

Your setup looks great Kay!

Hedgies really need wheels! They have a tendency to become obese and when they are contained in containers (that sounded funny) they really need to be able to excercise. I would recommend getting one ASAP.

And your right....no wire wheels (their little feets get caught) only the solid wheels...and you need a decent size one.

Scarlette's right, it took Louie a week or two to "discover" his wheel. But once he did...omg, he's a marathon runner too!

The place I bought mine no longer makes them but here are the instructions to make it yourself:http://seaborndesigns.com/

Here are some other wheel links:
http://silentwheels.tripod.com/silen...heels/id1.html
http://www.hedgehogsbyvickie.com/whisperwheels.htm
http://silentwheels.tripod.com/silen...heels/id1.html

And this page is SO helpful...it has a bunch of hedgie links for food/treats/supplies, etc:
http://www.mihog.org/products.phtml
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 07:03 AM

Hey Scarlette!!! Should we tell her how often she's gonna have to clean her wheel??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

My hedgie must be a freak because he has yet to poop or pee in the wheel! I've heard so many hedgie owners talk about poopy feet too and I have yet to experience that one also! I guess I'm pretty darn lucky.

Rhonda

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 10:21 PM

Jeez scarlette you must be lucky then! haha the wheels are SICK over here at my place!!! sometimes poo even flies onto the wall and if i dont notice it it dries on!! But they are worth it!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 08:03 AM

Cait !! That's the way it is at my house! Omg, the poop wheel! And when he has poopie feet we call them his "poop boots".

Kay, I have to wash Louie's wheel every night. But with the bucket wheel I just set it in the mud sink, spray it with orange cleaner & let it sit for a couple of mins then when you come back it cleans real easy. The bucket wheels are AWESOME for cleaning. Makes it so much more convenient!!

Scarlette, girl! You ARE lucky!!! No poop on your wheel?? Wow! I'm jealous!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 10:52 PM

Kay, I'm not sure how good this pic will turn out but I'll give it a try. (I used the "Cats Eye" function which takes a picture in total darkness.) Anyway, I just had to show ya what Louie's wheel looks like...mind you, this is the beginning of the night!! LOL
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

that is kinda cool Jodi! I wonder is my camera would do that?!?!

Tags
cat food, chicken soup, corn cob, corn cob bedding, dry food, guinea pig, kiln dried, kitten food, litter box, litter train, litter training, pet store, pet stores, pine bedding, potty train, wire cage