i want a hedge hog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

i want a hedge hog

Hey Everyone,

I have been wanting a hedgehog but my mom doesn't want me to get one. im hoping that if i can find out alot of stuff about them that she will be convinced that i REALLY want one. if anyone has information on them that might help me get one please tell me.

i thank you all lots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Hello Earthling

Well from my experience with hedgehogs they are not a cuddly pet at all if it is not already obvious from their spikes. It can also take a long time to tame them if they have not been handled often.

My suggestion would be to really consider a hedgehog as a pet before you decide to get one. Hedgehogs are not the best pets for everyone and they are not a pet you get because' oh they are so cute'. You really have to decide whether a hedgehogs is going to be the right pet for you. And respect your mothers decision or you'll end up with nothing.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

They can live for 4-7 years long. I learned that today http://42explore.com/hedghog.htm I don't really know much. Hmm, I have always been wondering if they are always spiky to hold, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

www.hedgehogcentral.com
They have loads of info about the pygmy hedgehog. If you want more info the site also recomends a couple of books you could try and buy.

When you minimum have read trough the entire page, and if you still think a hedgehog is the right pet for you, try talking to your mum again.

But remember the animal will be her responsibility, not yours.
They are quite expensive to buy, and food is not cheap either. There is a good chance you need to take a hedgehog to the vet at least once in it's lifetime, and this can be quite expensive too.

It's not uncommon to get a reaction to the quills when poked. They have teeth and everything with teeth can bite.
They are not really domesticated like your cat or mice, so they take some more work.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo

Tags
hedgehog