My brogher and i want a hedgehog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

My brogher and i want a hedgehog

my brother and i are thinking about getting a hedgehog are they friendly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

What do you mean by "friendly"?
They are not cuttle pets, if thats what you mean.
More like "ok, your cool to run on, and you give me food and snacks" pets.
Thats not a bad thing though. Pets like that are super fun, and normally they do like their owners too, and some times they want to cuttle.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Flunky Emuhead

It depends on the hedgie, and also the amount of time you have to spend with one. All hedgehogs have their own personality, some warm up quickly to people and some are perpetual grumps. Mine is somewhere in between. I agree with Chinchi, they are definitely not cuddly, but they really do make awesome pets. If you want cuddly, get a hamster.

2 happy doggies Luke and Hank

2 Kittehs, Smudge and Phoebe aka Noodle

1 Guinea pig , Radar

1 Hedgie, Newman

3 Degus, Jodi, Wanda, and Mel

1 lovely beta fish "Ian"

Edward the gerbil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Newborn Pup

My hedggie is very outgoing and will try cuddling in my shirt. He also likes to roam around. They make great pets though, but only if you know about them and studied them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Newborn Pup

Well my sisters have hedgehogs and i think they are gret pets they may be a bit pointy but when you get to know them there quills will go down. They are such good pets that i am going to get one but you better make sure you study because that will make them even greater pets.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Adolescent Pup

it just depends how involved you want your pet to be with you. The two hedgies I had could really have cared less if I was there or not, it didn't bother me and I am not saying all hedgies are like this but there is a chance they won't want to cuddle with you and may just be happier running around your bed or sleeping in a tshirt on your lap.

If you want a super cuddly pet I would go for rats the ones I have now always come to the cage door when i go over there and like to sit in my hair and are overall pretty sweet guys.(not saying hedgies aren't)