Need Hedgehog in MD or Delaware FAST!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Need Hedgehog in MD or Delaware FAST!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!! I am new to the forum and I wanted to say Hi and tell you all that I really need your help!!!! I am looking to get a hedgehog in either Maryland or Delaware and cant find a single one!!!! Could somebody PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I need to get one this wekk yet or I wont be able to get one for AWHILE!!!! Thanks Everybody!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Formerly Known as oreos_my_hedgie

Try here- http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/breederusa.shtml no maryland or del. but try some of the others. if anything call them and see if they know anybody, they may have a few sources

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:39 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I just have a question, why do have to get one this week? if you don't get one this week you said that you couldn't get for awhile, why is that? I am just asking because I find it kind of odd that if you can't get one this week, that you may not be able to get one for awhile is all Is it that you are traveling, going to school, etc.? Sorry for being nosey!!
there are breeders all over the USA, but I honestly don't know of any in MD or DE, visit www.hedgehogvalley.com and maybe you can contact them, because I do believe they ship, but could be wrong!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 06:46 AM

Would a pet store hedgie be good for you? There is two pet stores in MD. that carry hedgehogs. Todays Pet in Annapolis and in Columbia.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

hey guys, thanks for the help!!!! See, I have off all of this week from school and my job and its the only time I have to go around and get one... Otherwise it will be awhile and I really need a buddy!!! lol!!! Pet store hedgehogs are just fine for me!!! I will take anyone I can get as long as its nice!!! lol!!! Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank You so much Sassy!!!!!! I called those pet stores and they said they do have some right now!!!!! I am going down Friday to buy one!!!!!!! I really really appreciate it!!!!!!!! I will letcha guys know when I get it and show pics!!!! lol!!!! Bye!!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:26 PM

Between school and your job you have enough time to care for it right? They're pretty easy, but make sure you'll have time to clean the cage, clean the hedgie and such.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

If you only had time to get him now, how do you expect to have time to go out and buy food for him and take him to the vet's?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:09 PM

We bought our little girl there and she had babies the next day. LOL look the hedgie over really well. I would recommend a male (the males have belly buttons the females do not) I think most of the females are preggers. We picked one up for a friend a few days after we got ours and that female is also preggers. My brother and SIL also got one and she is pregers too.

Please do not buy the junk that they call hedgehog food that they sell. It is crap and the hedgies hate it. They love Chicken Soup For The Cat Lovers Soul mixed with 8in1 Hedgehog food. We add a bunch of other high quality fooods in ours now.

Blue Buffalo Adult Cat Lite
Purina Indoor Formula (used as a filler to the mix)
Maxx Catt Roasted Chicken Flavor
Wellness Adult Cat

Which store are you visiting? I liked the Columbia Store a little better but it was very crowded. The Annapolis store was bigger and the hedgehogs were right by the outside entrance. The Hedgies are not caged by sex there.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I got plenty of time to care for one!!!!!!!! Thats why I want one so badly!!!!!!!! Trust me, he will take priority!!!!!!!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well, I only have time to go and find a hedgehog and things for it this week cuz my whole family is off!!!! I am not allowed to go and buy things, especially a pet, without my parents consent... For school, I go everyday from 8-12:40... For work, I only work 3 week days from 4-7:30, and Saturday usually from8-4 or 11-7:30... I have plenty of spare time as you can see!!!! Trust me, I love these little things as much as you guys do!!!!! Except I dont have mine yet!!!! lol!!!!! I appreciate your concern!!!!!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:15 PM

Um sassy- thats not his belly button- its his "boy part" At least it is on oreo, it is just where a belly button should be
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:24 PM

I know what it is, I was giving him a way to tell a male from a female and being nice about it
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Hedgies are nice pets if you take care of them and make sure you spend time with them.If left alone for awhile with no inter action can cause them to be frightened and may bite.
I got 4 they were 2 boys and 2 girls.I gave one of the boys to my sister and one of the boys to my daughter and kept the 2 girls for myself each has their own home.
My daughter didn't spend much time with hers and he bit herso I traded her one of my girls for him.He is very friendly with me so far.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 12:29 AM

sassy- I'm quick like that! lol

Tags
chicken soup, pet store, pet stores