New addition to the family... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Tamora

New addition to the family...

Well it looks like my Sugar Glider days are almost over (I'm not allowed to have them at my new place). But they will let me have a hedgehog... and so the trade begins! My gliders new owner has come over and met my girls, and I went over to meet my new baby. He/She's only a day old now, but I'll be able to get to know him/her as he/she grows up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Wow! So tiny!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 06:28 PM

aww!!! cant wait to see pics as she/he grows!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Aww her eyes aren't even open yet!! how adorable!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 08:54 PM

So tiny and makes me miss my Isabella! BTW her new home took Christmas pics of her with Santa and just haven't gotten a chance to get them to me yet. I am so glad I found her the right home!

Your baby is so cute! Good luck with the baby and I am sorry about your gliders.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh my goodness~! I have never seen a newborn hedgie. How tiny!
Awww - I bet you can't wait to be able to bring him/her home - just adorable!

How long will you have to wait before you can have him/her?

[center]

[
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awwww how cute!! So wittle!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 10:22 PM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

That has got to be THE ugliest little thing I've ever seen!! It's amazing how something that looks like that can turn into such a darling, adorable, cute and cuddly hedgie!! Congratulations on your soon-to-be new addition.

I don't mean to offend -- it's just so shocking to me!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

SP!!!! Don't look at any pictures of Naked Mole Rats

[center]

[
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 05:37 PM

OMG its soo little....ive never seen a baby one either!! they do look funny but still soo cute!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 06:08 PM

Thumbs up

Sooo Cute!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 08:42 PM

Congrats on the new addition!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Tamora

Bringing the baby home

The fellow who has the baby hedgehogs said I can probably take my baby home after about 4 weeks. If anyone has any suggestions as to how old he/she should be before I take him away from momma, please let me know!

I'm sad about my gliders too, but I will get to go visit them as much as I want. And the fellow who is taking them is very adept at caring for exotic animals (he's got everything from a Spectacled Cayman, to an Ornate Nile Monitor - both of which he can handle with ease)

He's been over twice now and hand fed the gliders some mealworms (their favorites!).

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:06 PM

PLEASE tell me that I read this wrong, and your breeder isn't weaning babies at 4 weeks old?????? This is WAY too young. Baby hedgehogs should not be weaned before 6 weeks old.
Becca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamora
The fellow who has the baby hedgehogs said I can probably take my baby home after about 4 weeks. If anyone has any suggestions as to how old he/she should be before I take him away from momma, please let me know!

I'm sad about my gliders too, but I will get to go visit them as much as I want. And the fellow who is taking them is very adept at caring for exotic animals (he's got everything from a Spectacled Cayman, to an Ornate Nile Monitor - both of which he can handle with ease)

He's been over twice now and hand fed the gliders some mealworms (their favorites!).
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

OMG sooooooooooooo cute.Good luck on your new baby I know you will love him/her

:rainbow:

Tags
exotic animals, sugar glider, sugar gliders