New Owner Of Hedgie. Needs Anwsers! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

New Owner Of Hedgie. Needs Anwsers!

Hi, I'm Bekkah. I need some help with my new Hedgehog. His name is Harry Potter, hes a male, he is 10 months old (I believe.), My uncle got me him for an early Christmas present from a breeder, I feed him lots of types of cat foods a day, and he seems not to like meal worms but I haven't tried Crickets. My problem is, He will not let me pick him up at all without sticking his quills out. The only way I can get him out of his cage his dragging him with a towel. Whenever I try to pet him he curls into a ball and he sometimes hisses. How can I stop that? Is he nervous or just stubborn? Can you give some suggestions for foods or how he can learn to like me? I put a shirt in his cage everyday with my scent on it, but he still is not used to it. I got it the night of election day. So, if anyone can help me that would be good. Thanks, have a good day.

-Bekkah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hey, he may just be new, and getting used to you it sounds like he wasn't handled much by the breeder so that may question the creditability of the breeder... i wouldn't pull him out when he is curled up and scared it will just make him more scared of you

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Just be patient and let him get used to you. Try sticking your hand next to him and just sit still while he smells you and becomes less afraid. Give him time and he might come around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM

insted of putting his foods in a bowl (if thats what you doing) try putting foods in your hand and just sit still let him eat it he will get used to you, and assosiate you with good thing (foods)

Tags
anwsers, hedgehog, owner