Quilling - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quilling

Trifle, (she turned 1 on 9-4) is STILL quilling. When will it stop? She is not bald nor does she have flaky skin. She is simply still quilling. Thank goodness she is not a cranky quiller and is still the same loving girl that I originally picked out.

Just wondering how long I can expect this to last.

Thanks is advance for any help I receive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 02:09 PM

hedgies can lose quills at any age and grow new ones, a few at a time, once over a year losing a bunch at a time you should take them to the vet to be checked for mites. she should stop quilling anytime, I think all hedgehogs are different though, some stop quilling at six months old, some at nine, so it depends on the hedgehog. another breeder friend had a hedgehog that was a chocolate chip (chocolate snowflake) colored hedgehog and he turned almost all white by two years old to a chocolate white.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:04 AM

mines quilling too

The pet shop that i got my hedgie at was horrible and completely un-informative! I new that my hedgie was a boy and that it was born on sept 2, 2004. Thats it. I had no clue it would quill! AHHH I called the vet,(this is after treatingit for two other minor sicknesses) And she thinks he has worms, so i'm feeding it de-wormer, because he also has diareah. Then I found and article at =http://www.mihog.org/anatomy/quilling.phtml , and felt so relieved that he's not really sick.

Tags
pet shop