Quilling - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quilling

My poor Thistles quilling and she is the grumpiest little hedgie right now. I know it hurts them, and I even give her extra mealies cause I feel bad, is their anything I can do to make her feel better? Or do I just have to wait until shes done quilling? And I know she is cause I let her lay on my bed and when I go to sleep I lay down and sure enough I feel little pokes all over the bed lol.But yeah I was just wondering if you could do anything while their quilling to make them a little more comfy?

I honestly wonder why people dont think animals have souls. They love, the hurt, they care. Their more loyal than any human you'll ever meet. If they have feelings, how could they not have a soul??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Poor thing...Sorry I don't know anything about Hedgies...Wish I could have been more help..

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Oily Chickenspew

i sorry to hear that, i know any pet just likes to hear their owner loves them picts of her would be great

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Where, or Where Could That Fairy Be?

You could try giving her a nice warm bath with colloidal oatmeal (like Aveeno) to ease the quilling discomfort. Mix some in the water until the water is slightly milky. You can also add a little olive oil (just a drop) to her rinse water to keep her skin nice and moist.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have been sent a Valentine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Annie~ B.B.- cat, Toffee-ferret and RIP hedgehogs, Prickles, Pepper, Coconut and Nutmeg
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

alright i think I'll do that thanks fertmom and thanks everyone for showing concern

I honestly wonder why people dont think animals have souls. They love, the hurt, they care. Their more loyal than any human you'll ever meet. If they have feelings, how could they not have a soul??
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Newborn Pup

Mine is quilling too but I just gave him an Aveeno bath, and his skin looks a lot more better, and he actually enjoyed it. I dont know if this helps but I also gave mine some flax seed oil in his food and it is supposed to help with dry skin, which might help with quilling.