So, Im getting a Hedgie soon - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Red face So, Im getting a Hedgie soon

And I was wondering, does anyone have any personal advice, Ive done all my research, and i just want to know now from Personal Experiences, Your help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Adolescent Pup

Well depending on whether he or she is shy or not, you may want to invest in some leather gloves. My Oscar was fine most of the time but sometimes he would put his spines on end.

Oscar got fed dry cat food and mealworms. Crickets are good also but since his cage had no top to it - I didn't ever feed him them.

Here is a short video of him http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mJxv6WMZcOk

Slave to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1 Dalmatian dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4 gorgeous guinea pigs

1 cute chameleon

2 cheeky chickens

Last edited by Katrina06; 08-28-2008 at 06:33 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Playful Pup

You should never pick hedgehogs up with gloves, this will scare it even more. When i get mine im going to just deal with it spiking me. It doesnt actually hurt that bad. Hedgehogs can eat stage two baby food. Some hedgehogs are more lazy and sleepy, some are more shy,aggresive, and some like to explore. They should have a variety for food. Hedgehogs hiss and will stick up ther spikes when they get frightened. They do not usually bite but they can. They are nocturnal animals. Hedgehogs can learn to use a kitty litter and can eat mealworms as treats. They go through a quilling stage, as babies. This means they will loose there baby quills and grow adult quills. At this stage they may be a bit grumpy. It can take up to a month or more for your hedgehog to fully trust you. They are adorable animals. Hope i helped, cant wait till i get my hedgehog this monday!

Tags
awesome, hedgehog, hedgie, hog