Vestibular Syndrome...? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question Vestibular Syndrome...?

Is Vestibular Syndrome also refered to as "wobbly syndrome?" Where they can't walk without wobbling from side to side? My hedgie did this when i had her walking around the room before she was walking but wobbling...I was telling my friend (who had gave her to me as she couldn't keep her, and knew I wanted her) and she said that had happened to her once before and found out it was something called "wobbly syndrome..." She had only done it twice, but i am more interested in knowing more about it. The time I saw her do it was about 4 months ago, and nothing bad has happened since...

*Corina's Critter World*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:56 AM

If she has displayed signs of it then I would say take her to a vet and have her checked out it could be something that you need to worry about or nothing at all either way she needs to see a vet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks. Is that the same thing? "Wobbly syndrome..." Even though it hasn't happened since about 4 months i should still take her to see a vet?

*Corina's Critter World*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://hedgehogvalley.com/notWHS.html

http://www.hedgies.com/vestibularsyndrome.htm

Stephanie

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks! i read more about it, and I don't think she needss to be taken to the vet. If it happens again then I will take her. Before when she was wobbling she wasn't falling or going into things.

*Corina's Critter World*

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 08:14 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

There is a post that is pinned about it in this section.

~ Jodi ~