We have baby hedgies!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Mud
Part of the Pack

We have baby hedgies!!

2 days ago my sister's hedgehog Lady Velvet had babies. well last night we looked real quick while the mom was out of her box at the babies and there are 4! one is albino like the mom and the others are darker.
i'll try to post some pics of them and all our other critters later sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

When you can please post some pictures! I bet they are really cute.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Where, or Where Could That Fairy Be?

Congratulations! You probably already know this, but any peeking at the babies can stress out the mom and she can cannibalize them so it is recommended that you do not disturb them until the babies are 2 weeks old unless you know your mom hedgie doesn't really mind it which is rare and usually are hedgies who really trust their owners and have had previous litters without eating their babies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have been sent a Valentine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Annie~ B.B.- cat, Toffee-ferret and RIP hedgehogs, Prickles, Pepper, Coconut and Nutmeg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Mud
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fertmom
Congratulations! You probably already know this, but any peeking at the babies can stress out the mom and she can cannibalize them so it is recommended that you do not disturb them until the babies are 2 weeks old unless you know your mom hedgie doesn't really mind it which is rare and usually are hedgies who really trust their owners and have had previous litters without eating their babies.
yes i know, we looked at them when she was outside her nesting box getting water and food.what we did anyway was just lift the box, count the babies and then put the box back in place.Velvet was not stressed out too much and her and the babies are ok.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Adolescent Pup

How cute! I will definately be looking forward to pics. I have never seen a baby hedgie before.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Adolescent Pup

That's lovely!! I need pictures!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Cool

I wish we had that kind of colours in Denmark...

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats on the babies! I bet their adorable !

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

Oh! You must be really happy! Hope everything goes well! what are you going to do with all the babies? Cant wait for pics!!!!

My pets!

1 dog ~ Rupert

2 Gpigs~dynimight,Princess

2 hamsters~Chewy,J.J

2 newts ~Suzy,Charm

One tank full of fish
1 platy
2 goldfish
4 fancy guppies
3 delta guppies
3 baby guppies
3 shrimp
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

wow how cute cant wait to see them
get your camera and take pictures

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

now lol
ya you lol

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Will It Ever Change?

YAY! I can't wait!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats! Can't wait for the pics!!

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY

MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Oily Chickenspew

congrats!!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I WANT PICTURES!!! lol

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out