13 week old Prairie Dog girl needs a new home - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

13 week old Prairie Dog girl needs a new home

I got little Phoebe girl about 3 weeks ago, as a companion for my little guy, Charlie. They aren't getting along, and nothing I'm doing seems to help. I don't think they ever will get along, it seems to only get worse with time. She doesn't even enjoy being out of her cage, she's always worrying Charlie will attack her. I live in a small apartment, so two cages will not do. I can't even have them out at the same time, without a fight. When I got her, I was told she was super sweet and loved attention- this is not the case. Unfortunately, these people weren't very honest with me, just wanted wanted to sell her. She's not mean, in any sense of the word, just a little shy. She does not like to be held, she'll squirm and squirm and eventually bite if you don't give in. Her bites are not hard, they're just a hard pinch, if that. She does better in a small room for handling, as she's still a little skiddish and will most likely run from you if you try to handle her. However, she will eventually come to you if you let her, she loves to climb on my and jump on top of my head, lol. She needs someone will be patient with her and spend the time needed for bonding. Unfortunately, I don't believe that the person before me did that. I am asking for $150 for her, that's what I paid a few weeks ago. I live in Arlington, Texas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Here are a couple of photos of Phoebes!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 PM

hello0000000/ have you found a home for her yet, im sure im too late but had to ask? Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I'm sorry Laura, I rarely, and I do mean RARELY ever come on this forum anymore. But I did find Phoebe a home, and even a home with another prairie dog, Yogi. She LOVES him from what I hear, and he LOVES her right back. I actually still keep in contact with her new owners (facebook, lol) here and there. But thanks for inquiring, and sorry it took so long for me to respond.
Tara
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Smile New home

I will buy her if you will ship her to Albany NY I would also pay for shipping

Tags
rehoming, sale, texas