Bubble Bath for PD's !?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Post Bubble Bath for PD's !?!

Hello Fellow Prairie Dog Lovers!!!

I'm curious to know how many of you bathe your fuzzy fur baby!!
Mine go nuts and make poopies if I give them a little bath in the tub, so I use the pet wash clothes that are already premoistened. With crazy pd's like mine that are ALWAYS playing in their litter and have dirty little butts, I give them a little rub down with the cloth every so often!!

P.S. The clothes are great when they shed twice a year, it helps get all the old hair off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 11:17 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I have never given my girls a bath and probably never will because I like all of my fingers attached to my hand just the way they are thank you very much!

A damp cloth on their coat to get off the loose winter hair is a good idea!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 08:45 PM

The Trio have never had a bath, although they did go swimming as pups. I think this summer I'll try it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

HEY Donna!

I my gosh, your babes where swimming in the water when they were little pups, HOW CUTE!! You know I saw a pics on the internet of prairie dogs swimming in the swimming pool, and I could not believe it!! They were just so precious swimming in the water, I just loved it. My girls are scared of water, and when I carry them out on the balcony of my house to get fresh air, forget it, they freak out when they are outsite as well. They are just little spoiled rotten stinkers to the max, that want everything their way

Yahoo & hugs to the babes! :hershey:
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:14 AM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

All my babies from last year can be giving baths.The older ones however will not allow it.
I will start this years babies on bathing ASAP

:rainbow:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

HOW FUN!! Bathing the little pups, they will be all soft and fluffy!! I love when my girls are fresh because they are little puff balls after I dry them up. It's weird, you would think that if you introduce them to bathing as a pup, they would get used to it, but from mine, yours and everyone elses experience, they just won't take to it, what a bunch of stinkers they are!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2003, 09:25 AM
cafarrell62

I use the pet wipes on Oddie too . I love them , he is ok with it (most of the time) and it makes him smell so sweet . And I travel with Oddie sometimes and it works to slean up his messes . Connie

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Thumbs up

i usually will wipe mine down with a damp washcloth...and fill the sink up with just a little bit of water {around her ankles} and then she drinks it!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Newborn Pup

I bathe my PD at least once or twice a week.. sometimes more if he gets urine or poop on his feet and we want to take him out of the cage. He doesn't love it, but he also doesn't bite or anything. I don't think he likes the water much, but when we take him out and wrap him up in the towel to dry him off, he is really calm and content. He likes the attention. Then he smells really nice.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Newborn Pup

Since i bought my PD Murphy i began giving him baths. At first he was not happy at all he got very upset scratched and bit me numerous times and pooped everywhere. But as the weeks went on he became very comfortable with the whole routine and actually seems to enjoy it. I fill the bath tub up with about 2-3 inches of warm water place him in pour some water on him from the top of the neck down. I use blue dawn as it is known for being gental on animals and killing fleas on contact and even use a little conditioner to keep his skin/hair nice and soft. For a couple of weeks before i began bathing him he was itching alot and started rubbing his hair down to the skin which became very rough and dry. Since his weekly baths his hair grew back within days and has been full as ever soft and healthy. If you start out with baby steps to get then use to it im sure you can get your to enjoy it too. Murphys favorite part of hisbath time is actuallyafter the bath i wrap him up in a towle place in on the floor in the bathroom and let him find his way outof it then blow dry him(on low speed and heat of course) he LOVES it he stretches out across the floor and rolls around under it moving back and forth until hes dry.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Playful Pup

My four PD's outside are very muddy due to a good rain we had several days ago. I am thinking of bathing them to get the crusts off of them. They love it though. It is amazing how they can get wet and nasty and later in the day, they are clean again but this is past being dirty. I may run some water with a towel in the tub,say up to their stomachs, and put them all in there together and try that. i will prob come out with some digits missing but I guess we all try it at least once, eh??? lol
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Newborn Pup

I bathed Steve the first weekend I had her because she smelled like Pee. She's probably due again. I won't say she was a fan, but she didn't get nasty or anything. She DID love being blow dried (on low, low heat). She was perfectly content with that and didn't hold a grudge about the bath.

Tags
prairie dog, prairie dogs