Help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Help

I need to find a website i can order a wheel big enough for my prairie dogs ... Know any??

~!Alexzandria!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:11 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Hi Alex, great to hear from you as was wondering how your little ones are doing. Getting spoiled I hope lol. The best recommendation I can give regarding wheels is to ensure you purchase at least a 15" to 16" wheel with no rungs or areas in which thier little paws, nails or legs can get caught into. Leo Braun makes a great wheel but it's abit pricey ($100.00 or more). Ed Wheels seem to be the brand alot of pd moms and dads recommend (reasonably priced). I also like the Joh Hopewell wheels which have a 16" size and very solid. Here is a link regarding wheels in general and also a few for purchase.

http://www.erodent.co.uk/Wheels.htm ( information on wheels with purchase links) Very good link with good description of appropriate wheels

http://www.chinworld.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=CW03 (14" wheel but a good one)

http://www.brisky.com/8/index.php?_f...e1332f6183ad25 (15", but I dont care for the bars on it as risk of injury)

http://www.johnhopewell.co.uk/wheel.html (16") ( I love this wheel)

I dont recommend the wodent wheel as it is very confining and also great risk of injury for priaire dogs in particularly if you have a Plump one lol although ok for smaller animals such as mice, etc.
Hope this helps. I had a diagram for a homemade one if your guy is at all good with tools and it's varily easy to make. I'll see if I can find it as I believe I saved it to a floppy. Also be sure your cage has doors that are at least 17 to 18" in order to get the wheel in and out easily. Mine never would get in the wheel to run but play with the outside of it (go figure lol)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:38 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Thinking more about it the Ed wheel may be more economical and also the 14" may be ok for yours as they are young pups yet if your in a pinch and need one quickly. You can get that one at Chinworld.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwC
Thinking more about it the Ed wheel may be more economical and also the 14" may be ok for yours as they are young pups yet if your in a pinch and need one quickly. You can get that one at Chinworld.
Thank you they are great!!! I love them sooo much ! They are my babies~!

~!Alexzandria!~
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Adolescent Pup

Chinworld is my favorite! I have two Ed 14 for over two yrs and they still look like new. It's a very safe and affordable wheel and the only noise it make is the tapping of their nails. I'm a huge fan of the company and their wheels.

Jenniffer Scardina
Prairie Dog Care & Advice
Cell # (615)971-2715

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Adolescent Pup

You should check out wheels from Brisky Pet Products.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

Are you referring to the Easy-Go-Round wheel?

Jenniffer Scardina
Prairie Dog Care & Advice
Cell # (615)971-2715

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Playful Pup

Hello PD Jen. It's been a long long time. I used to be Poochie Lover but had problems with my computer and ended up changing my user name as you can see.

I hope to email you and get through this time. Even though I've had Prairie Dogs for over nine years now I still feel I need to learn more so I hope you will want to help me again.

Tags
prairie dog, prairie dogs