Help me find a home for my PDs please? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Help me find a home for my PDs please?

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum. I have had my 2 babies for about 4 years now, but lately I don't have time to give them the attention they need. I would like to see them go to someone who will care for them the way they deserve.

I have a male and female - Elmo and Amber. They are both affectionate and tame, Elmo likes nothing better than to curl up in your arm and be petted. Amber likes to explore, and can get a little grouchy if you try to stop her. But the only time I have ever been bitten was when I tried to give them a bath - silly me, I didn't realize they are frightened to death of running water!

Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Adolescent Pup

Sry, I don't live near Michigan but if I did, I'd be there in a heartbeat! Maybe someone around here can help you or you could probably try using petfinder.com to find them a good home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet Parent to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Hope you find them a good home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Kat
Playful Pup

I have been desperately to find a companion (or two) for my baby Caddy (his sister passed away in December) Please email me and we can talk
My email
[email protected]
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Kat
Playful Pup

PD Home

I'm at work, so I have to be quick on these messages...I just didn't want to lose out on the opportunity of finding your pds a good home and my pd two companions. I live in Austin, but there is definitely a way to get them here -
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Hi there,
Thanks Kat for the offer. I am talking with a couple in Canada right now, but if that falls, through, I would definately consider you, if there is a way to transport them to TX. I will keep you posted.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Kat
Playful Pup

Smile finding a home....

Ok, just let me know! Thanks for getting back to me! I knew someone would get a hold of you before I did; I was having trouble getting my account activated on here; it took too long.

If you want to know more about me as far as adoption for the babies, you can look into my account on MYSPACE....I've got some pics up of Caddy there (and Chloe too); Under Kat or [email protected].

Thanks again! No matter what happens I hope they go to a good home!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Kat
Playful Pup

I have just recently lost one of my prairie dogs, Chloe - Caddy and her were very close and I am very concerned about him being by himself while I'm at work, does anyone know of a rescue for prairie dogs or a way I can find a companion for him? He is 6 years old -I've had him since he was a baby (Chloe and him both) He is SO Incredibly lovable - he loves everyone and he is not afraid of anything - which isn't always good, but I keep him well protected. He even lets me dress him up - I have a Cupid suit for him and a Christmas elf suit; the camera died on me when I was trying to get the Cupid suit picture; As soon as I learn how to post pictures on here I will! Anyway, if anyone knows of a prospect or can give me any advice I would really appreciate it; I have been searching every day and have had no luck; I would like to find him a companion before Spring - as most of you know they sleep a lot during this time of the year, so it's not been so bad for him, but once he's up and moving around a lot I worry about him being lonely during the times I'm at work.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Kat
Playful Pup

oh and THANK YOU!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Hi Kat,
Sorry it took so long to get back here, but I was trying to deliver them to a couple in Canada, but I got stopped at the border. So I am still looking for a home for these two. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks,
Kerry
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Kat
Playful Pup

I hope this gets to you ok - PLease email me at either [email protected] or [email protected]

We can talk!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Hi Kat,
email sent. Thanks.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktthecarguy View Post
Hi there,
I'm new to the forum. I have had my 2 babies for about 4 years now, but lately I don't have time to give them the attention they need. I would like to see them go to someone who will care for them the way they deserve.

I have a male and female - Elmo and Amber. They are both affectionate and tame, Elmo likes nothing better than to curl up in your arm and be petted. Amber likes to explore, and can get a little grouchy if you try to stop her. But the only time I have ever been bitten was when I tried to give them a bath - silly me, I didn't realize they are frightened to death of running water!

Can anyone help?
I sent you a private message. If things don't work out I can help and I'm only a hop & a jump from you.

Jenniffer Scardina
Prairie Dog Care & Advice
Cell # (615)971-2715

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 PM

Elmo and Amber

We are a couple living in Florida who love Prairie dogs, and would definately be interested in Elmo and Amber if they're still available--I would be willing to drive to Michigan to get them you can email me at: [email protected] have many years experience with PD's and would give them the most loving home anyone could ask for.Thanks--Rich and Pat
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Well, Amber and Elmo have a new home, and lots of new friends. Thanks to all who offered to help.

Tags
prairie dog, prairie dogs