Votes: 18 14.9%

Votes: 24 19.8%

Votes: 18 14.9%

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • more than 3

Votes: 7 5.8%
32K views 80 replies 46 participants last post by  Pink Pistol 
#1 ·
I know we have a few other prairie dog people here besides me...How many do you have? Males, females, both? How old? How long have you had them?

I have 2 females, Karmen and Kasey. I've had them for almost 2 years now and I love them dearly!! I think they're one of the most loving pets I've had, although probably the most difficult to get pics of. :lol: Karmen tries to climb on the camera and Kasey is a little camera shy (like me :D ).

#78 ·
Hello! Thanks for introducing them to us. Can I make you a question? How are the 2 males doing together with only 1 female? How is reproduction time going? As far as i am concerned, having 2 males together is not a good idea because they can fight and get injured in spring time. Thanks in advance.

Regards

#79 ·
Both males are neutered but that doesn't seem to make the young one leave the female alone lol. Maybe it's because the female hasn't been spayed yet but something else came up and we had to wait but she was pretty good when she went into heat so we may not do her. Our other female was a total ***** when she came into heat so we had planned on doing our present female in hopes it would keep her from being so mean during heat but looks like that won't be a worry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.