How many do you have? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

View Poll Results: How many do you have?
I don't have any but would like to get one 51 38.93%
I don't have any and don't think I'd like to get one 19 14.50%
1 25 19.08%
2 19 14.50%
3 9 6.87%
more than 3 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Angry How many do you have?

I know we have a few other prairie dog people here besides me...How many do you have? Males, females, both? How old? How long have you had them?

I have 2 females, Karmen and Kasey. I've had them for almost 2 years now and I love them dearly!! I think they're one of the most loving pets I've had, although probably the most difficult to get pics of. Karmen tries to climb on the camera and Kasey is a little camera shy (like me ).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 05:21 PM

I don't have a prairie dog but if they were legal in my state I would probably have more than one.

Tell your prairie dogs that we NEED pics!
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

I'm hoping to do a photo shoot on Monday.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

ok, so the photo shoot didn't work out as planned. Dead batteries in the camera make things a little difficult. Hopefully I can do it this weekend!

Rhonda

post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:42 PM
P-Diggity Dog Lover

I have three - Dallas, Houston & Peanut.

Here's a baby pic of them when I first got them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tinypdpups.jpg (24.1 KB, 240 views)

Donna
Dallas, Houston & Peanut the Prairie Dogs
Gypsy & Amber the Satos
Apache, Amigo, Max, and Morgan the Kitties
Scooter, Annie, Buttercup & Squeaky the Guinea Pigs
Mocha & Latte the Rat A Tats
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:43 PM
P-Diggity Dog Lover

Here's Dallas & Peanut today............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goodjobdal.jpg (25.2 KB, 228 views)

Donna
Gypsy & Amber the Satos
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Adolescent Pup

Donna,

I love the pic of your babes as pups, how cute!! Dallas & Peanut are just way precious! Thanks for sharing your fur babies with us!
:hershey:

Yahoo's
Erika

Proud owner of 2 crazy pd girls named Precious & Peanut!!!

Baby_Pd

"Life With A Prairie Dog Is Full Of Yahoos, Kisses & Smiles, Love From A Prairie Dog Is absolutely UNCONDITIONAL"!

post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Member formerly known as MistyLea21

I have two, a black tailed pd female named peanut, and a white named pooder. I will be getting a captive bred baby in the spring!!! Her name will be patches, Then thats it for me!

Misty

Silver Mist Studios

Custom Designer Jewelry, Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and More!

Eyes Of Texas Chinchillas

post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Herp Nerd

I have just the one, Squiggle. I'd like another at some point, but she's an attention hog all by herself.

-Pick me up!

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

awwwww!

post #11 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Ravnos, looks like Squiggle is trying to attack the camera, like a celebrity fighting off the paparazzi.

Dallas, I loved the baby pics. When I went to Karen's to get Karmen, she had like 30 babies there. That was the first time I had seen pd's in person and they were soooooooo darn cute when they all sat up at the same time when they heard a stranger's voice. It was so cute, all I could do was sit there and laugh like an idiot for 5 minutes.

Rhonda

post #12 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Newborn Pup

I had two. Got them together when they were 7 weeks. One (Pooh) broke out of his cage and got out the doggie door and dies in the AZ sun (I now live back in MD) and now I only have Chrisopher Robin. He needs a buddy PD again. They used to snuggle and sleep together.

Here is Christopher Robin

http://www.importpoweronline.com
post #13 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Playful Pup

awww Christopher Robin is really adorable. I am so sorry that he lost his buddy.

Hopefully he will find another furry friend!
Too Cute!

Mom to:

Camden the Chinny Chin Chin
Rosco the Miracle Puppy
Rosco's Kitty =His Baby
Cloud the Abandoned Kitten
Gyao =Spoiled Rotten
Ohana =Spoiled Rotten
=Howard the Dumpster Ham Ham
Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get. -Anonymous
post #14 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 09:06 AM
P-Diggity Dog Lover

I remember that too! Betsy had 22 babies when we went there. And nothing funnier than 22 babies doing yahoos and the pd wave! We'll never forget that!

Although 14 adults doing the wave is funny too! I love going to Andrea's farm and playing with her crazy pds! The whites are huge!

Rav - she's a camera ham that's for sure!

Donna
Gypsy & Amber the Satos
post #15 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Member formerly known as MistyLea21

I just got my 3rd PD. That's my limit! They are too needy! LOL! I got him from a lady that is good friends with Lynda Watson. He is a Lynda Watson pup, 8 weeks old. He is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!! His name is Pistol, and Peanut and Pooder just love him too!!!

Misty

Silver Mist Studios

Custom Designer Jewelry, Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and More!

Eyes Of Texas Chinchillas

Tags
captive bred, dandelion greens, dog food, dog owners, fur babies, guinea pig, oat hay, pet shop, pet store, prairie dog, prairie dogs, shredded wheat, social animals, sugar glider, sugar gliders, timothy hay, wonderful pets