I am new too - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Post I am new too

Hello!

I just joined in . I'm from Finland and I have two prairie dogs here. They are both males, Mökö and Vilkas. They are 2,5 years old.

In this forum, I'd like to have some more information about PDs, because in here PDs are very rare pets. Here are about 100 PDs, so the knowledge isn't great.

So I'd like to get and share information and experiencies about these cuties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Welcome!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Welcome to PT!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Playful Pup

Not that I am an expert by any means, but I like think that I know people that do know alot. I have been a Pd owner since 1997. I have learned alot through experience and being introduced to a webite-luv-r-pds,through yahoo groups. The people on this website have gone through the trouble to spend countless hours of research and trials of years for personal experience, along with very knowledgable veterinarians. I do know that a diet high in fiber is very important. It is very important to not give them treats containing any sugar, carbs or fats.(ideal weight for a standard PD should be approx. 2lbs) The higher the sugar the greater the risk of imbalancing the gut flora (the good bacteria in the digestive system). Also research shows that diets high these 3 things can drastically shorten their life span. Owbows Prairie Delight is the best food supplement for them, as well as any number of hays that are high in fiber. I believe that you can not get the Oxbow products that contain the benefical bacteria needed in Europe. Their may be a company that is comparable.
Hopefully you will get a chance to go the website mentioned.
joey
Joey

Tags
prairie dog, prairie dogs