lumps in belly - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation lumps in belly

My little 8 mo old female PD has lots of lumps in her little belly area. They feel like peas. I have tried to see if they are there still every several days and they are, to rule out constipation. To take her to the vet would be traumatizing for her and I don't know if the vet has even seen PD's. I know she sees guinea pigs so I'm hoping for my Chipmunk. Has anyone seen this before or have any tips for going to the vet. She will FREAK!!! bite, bark, and all that even to me. I also don't want her to associate me with going to the vet. HELP!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Playful Pup

You can use rescue remedy to help keep her calm. Are they in a cluster together or sort of just randomly spaced? Has she been scratching at them or just more then usual in general? Can you see any redness or scaliness? Is she reactive if you touch them (more then she would normally be, I mean?) Is she in with other pd's and do any of the others have it? Is she kept inside or out?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hi, they are not on the skin but inside her belly. You don't have to push in too much to feel them. She acts normal, eats, drinks. She is with the others and comes in at night. The others don't have it, and no scratching or anything. They are outside during the day. If you look at my profile, you can see the pics where they live. I'm in Texas so it's still not cold and their holes stay warm and are deep. what is rescue remedy, where do you get it??

Tags
lumps, pd health, sick pd