Sick prairie dog symptoms....Please help if you have had this problem... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Kat
Playful Pup

Sick prairie dog symptoms....Please help if you have had this problem...

Please help if you know anything about this...My prairie dog Caddy (he is almost 7 y.o.) is sick; he has been to the vets, had x-rays, blood-work, they may do an ultrasound; but so far they aren't sure what is wrong (other than a bacteria infection); his blood count is low (liver enzhymesare 1800 and they were 3800 back in January) and he hurts when he has to urinate also has some pain in his abdomen but they can't pin point exactly where- he hurts after I have to give him a serenge of water or pedialyte b/c he doesn't drink water on his own anymore, but he does eat; he's not acting like himself and the vets don't seem to have a clue what to do except charge me alot of money for tests that so far have not helped him. He is my pride and joy and I don't know what to do for him; the vets seem to be at a dead end and I can't afford to keep taking him in for tests if they aren't going to help him. Has anyone ever had this problem with their prairie dog? (he had an ulcer last year and had gotten better, I think it's a possiblity of that again, but the vets don't agree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I haven't had that problem but I just wanted to say good luck and I hope it gets figured out soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Kat
Playful Pup

Thank you again, I don't know if my reply went through. But yes, Me Too!

Tags
prairie dog