For those with Odentoma Please Read - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Prairie Dog Discussion Wide smiles, open arms, yahoos, kisses, and all else prairie dog.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

For those with Odentoma Please Read

One of my pd's got sick 5-6 yrs ago. I was able to find someone who did rescue in florida. Sadly I lost her number and information. I am very grateful for all she did for me and what she had taught me. Figured that I would share my experience. First of all you need to keep the pd's body temperature up. She brought me an item called a snugglesafe. It is a heating bladder that you can throw in the microwave then have the pd lay on it. Second she told me how to build a saline chamber. You start with a neutralizer. Then buy a small plastic bin. Not to small though you don't want the pd to be to closed in (next size up from shoe box size is what I used). Cut a hole in the bin the size of the neutralizer hose and insert. Then poke vent holes in the bin lid. Buy just regular saline from any walmart or drug store and place your pd in the chamber as often as needed to ease breathing. I had to put my baby in every night for one entire chamber of saline. She had problems eating so I fed her baby food with a syringe mixed with finely ground hay/alpha mix. She was also able to eat pumpkin from a can. We were able to prolong her life around a year after finding out what was wrong. Hope this may help someone out there. Take care, and good luck. I miss my girl and my boy is now a bit lonely, if there is anyone in the general area of port charlotte fl, that ever comes across this tread needing to rehome a female please email me. I would give her a great home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement