Any advice with suggie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Any advice with suggie

Hi everyone. We rescue Voodoo a few weeks ago and have him currently on antibiotics for a UTI. He has been seen by our vet several times but we just can't figure something out. He hisses when he poops, which I'm told could be constipation, but his stools look fine and he doesn't hiss when he pees. The vet said he's a healthy glider and his insides feel really good but we just can't figure out why he is hissing when he goes poop. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hmm, it could be a Urinary tract infection if it was when he peed... i have no idea

does it look like he is sore down there? maybe he has a diaper rash sort of thing

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kendalle; 07-26-2008 at 05:00 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Part of the Pack

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronoiiel View Post
The vet said he's a healthy glider and his insides feel really good but we just can't figure out why he is hissing when he goes poop. Any thoughts?

For most gliders the hissing when they poop / pee is usually a sign that some thing is wrong... like an UTI or Constipation, but at other times it is just the personality of the glider... so as long as the glider has seen by a vet and is stamped healthy I would not worry about it.

I have five gliders and one of my older female gliders hiss every time she goes pee... but she does not have an UTI (never has) and she is healthy - this is just her way of doing things.

R h a p s o d y -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks Kendalle for the reply. When we first got him he was red and swollen down there and we got him to a vet right away and got him on antibiotics. He has since gotten much better and is looking much better no longer swollen and red. It's just this constant hissing when he poops. The vet does say he is healthy and that his insides feel very good and everythng I just don't understand why he is hissing.

Rhapsody, my fiance actually suggested that a few days ago but I just dismissed it I guess because it just seems weird. You may have something going though and it might just be him doing it. I'm going to see if I can get a video of it and post it and see if anyone else can come up with an idea. I really want to just say "the vet said he is fine so he is" but I at the same time don't want to have that happen and him have an underlying problem. LOL boy I just got him 3wks ago and I'm already getting grey hairs from worrying over him ^_^