Bonding with her - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 10:00 AM
cafarrell62

Bonding with her

Hi , My name is Connie and I need some info . I have tried everything I can think for bond with Buggs , she is 6 months old . She just is not having it . I have but her in a carry pouch and tried to hold her next to me . She gets so upset and just shakes . I have tried the baby food on the finger and she bites so hard she draws blood on my finger . Can someone help me with some more ideas ? ... Thanks Connie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Playful Pup

How long have you had her? If it has only been a couple of days, it might be best to just leave her alone as much as possible to let her get used to her new home. After a couple of nights, when she wakes up in her new home, try sitting next to the cage so she gets used to seeing you around. Another good idea is to wear an old t-shirt around the house for a few days, and then cut it up and put it inside her pouch as a blanket, that way she gets familiar with your scent. Never force her to take a step she is not yet ready to take. If she crabs when you try to take her pouch out of the cage, give her some time to herself.

I'm going to look up a very useful link that I've found. In the meantime, feel free to email or pm me with any questions....good luck with your little one!

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camden the Chinny Chin Chin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rosco the Miracle Puppy
Rosco's Kitty =His Baby
Cloud the Abandoned Kitten
Gyao =Spoiled Rotten
Ohana =Spoiled Rotten
=Howard the Dumpster Ham Ham
Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get. -Anonymous
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Playful Pup

Here are some links you should find usefull:

Bonding

Gentle Bonding: alternatives to taking the bite

Sugar Glider Info

You can also go to GliderCentral and post any questions that you have. There are thousands of members there and they will be able to help you as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Mom to:

Camden the Chinny Chin Chin
Rosco the Miracle Puppy
Rosco's Kitty =His Baby
Cloud the Abandoned Kitten
Gyao =Spoiled Rotten
Ohana =Spoiled Rotten
=Howard the Dumpster Ham Ham
Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get. -Anonymous

Tags
sugar glider