bonding trouble! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

bonding trouble!

HI! If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it. I am not looking to give my little glider away I just want to know how to bond with him!! I have had him for three months, and have done so much research its crazy. I have tried everything I can think of. He isn't the meanest glider I have read about but I cant seem to get him to like me. I give him treats off my fingers, give him a great home, give him an amazing diet and let him out to play every night. I have a bonding pouch but my number one problem is trying to get him in it. He nips at me until he figures out i have food on my finger then licks it off but I swear he knows when I am trying to coax him out. He will not let me touch him. I have heard not to chase him, so i havent but that is the only way i can think of getting him to get near me.. any help? treats arent working
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Also when i do hold out my hand in a gesture for him to crawl on he runs away. he is from a pet store if that helps
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Have you tried a tent? Maybe put the cage inside and leave the door open so he can come out on his own (instead of you having to grab him).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I have but the tent i have isn't large enough for how tall my cage is, so there i have to try to pick him up again. Im just so stuck and i dont want to run out of time for him not to bond with me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Playful Pup

It is weird but I have found that sugar gliders who have a hammock to sleep in tend to be more aggressive and protective than those who have a house. I recommend a house inside the cage that comes apart so you can lift the top off. I have 4 and they are all super friendly and crave my attention. They even play well with my dogs and monkeys.

Tags
help!