breeders??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

breeders???

does anyone no of suggie breeders in chatham-kent ontario??
i would like to get a joey. but if i cant get a joey i will be happy to get an older glider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure. You could check in shelters too - they are starting to turn up in shelters more often now.

You should really get two of them though. They are highly social - A same sex pair or you can get the males neutered so they don't breed if you want a male/female pair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Rodentologist

Raven, you said you couldn't find a vet to fix your rabbits or take care of them -- why would you get sugar gliders which are even more specialized and difficult to find vets for? Their diet is also extremely complicated -- we've got 3 in foster now and they're easily 10 times as complicated as rabbits to care for. They're also not cuddly -- which is what you complained about with your rabbits.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

i am checking shelters
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

no gliders in any shelters near me
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Rodentologist

That's probably for the best. A vet who can't even treat a rabbit for a minor stasis problem will be in so far over his head with a sugar glider that it's not even funny.

I took in a glider foster yesterday and so far we're up to four different bowls of food for him.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Before you get gliders, I think maybe you should find someone who owns them and see if you can spend some time with them, to make sure they are the right pet for you. Also for sure you will have to find a specilized vet for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.