Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Do you own a Glider

15K views 49 replies 28 participants last post by  AngieH 
#1 ·
Wanted to see just how many of us has sugar gliders.
I have 2 of these little beauties but never have a camera around when they are out.LOL
Anyone want to share pics of their gliders or share a cute story about them?

#29 ·
#30 ·
It is good to see sugar glider owners here. I love all my pets but sugar gliders are just so awesome and each one seems to be a little different from the other.I have a male that is very protective.I have a joey oop 3 weeks old and Egan is so protective of him I have to bribe him out of their pouch so I can hold the little guy.Sugar gliders have the most beautiful eyes on them.
My grandson Matt loves to watch them when I feed at night.He will stand by their cage and say come on babies come out to see me.( you gotta be here to see how cute he does it) LOL.He will give them a cricket but does not want to touch a meal worm he is a riot though watching him with all of my pets.Matthew is like his Sister Madison.He has a great love and passion for all my pets.

#36 ·
I have 5 of my own little fuzzbutts. 2 males, 3 females. I also have 2 female foster gliders(that I will probably be adding to my family). They are all different in personality and I love them dearly. They are my "kids". I don't breed. They are housed in pairs, with one boy in his own cage(he hasn't gotten his little operation yet-he goes next month). They are very smart and love to come out to play. We have a tent set up in our rec room on a permanent basis with tons of toys in it. It's their own little play room. lol
I also have a dwarf rabbit, a mouse, 2 bettas, an African Aquatic frog, and a cat(who plays nicely with the rabbit, but is petrified of the gliders). My boyfriend calls me Ms. Doolittle and thinks I am on a one woman crusade to save every animal on the planet. lol

#39 ·
i have 6 right at the moment :) of coarse you can never get the camera out in time they are to fast and i think they know what you are thinking of while your standing there waiting on that 1 perfect picture moment...... here is a photo of 1 of my little guys :)

Attachments

G
#40 ·
Nope, no gliders!

My sister has 2, though. She works seasonally at the zoo, and someone approached her last summer with 2 gliders they were trying to get rid of and wanted the zoo to take. The zoo does not take pets, but my sister has a soft heart and took them herself. She bought them a bigger cage and has put them on a better diet... and I've been learning a lot about gliders ever since.

They really are cute, but not my style, I'm afraid.

#47 ·
I have 2 sugar gliders, Biscuit & Bitsey. They are such a handful but we love them. We got them in early December when their owner couldn't care for them anymore. Biscuit is really friendly, outgoing, curious and Bitsey is starting to come around, he is the more reserved of the boys.

Attachments

#48 ·
I've got four sugars gliders. Funniest animal I've owned I have quite a few right now but they are fun to play with! :yay:

#49 ·
Hi there! I currently own 2 adorable gliders named Romeo and Julie ( not Juliet either, for some reason we keep the T off of there, lol) But I absolutely love them to death and Julie is expecting 2 joeys next month!!!! :cheer: I hope that I will find them both good homes, possibly from someone either on here or glider central. But i am sure after loving and hugging and kissing on them for 8 weeks I will probably cry when it is time for them to go home. :pupeyes: But at least I will still have Romeo and Julie to love on me :crylaugh:

#50 ·
:wavey:
I am new to Paw talk but see some familar faces here also. Currently we have 64 gliders most have been rescues. I never get tired of looking at pictures of them, but am a terrible picture taker myself, lol. We just met a man who is going to start taking professional pictures of our gliders so maybe I will have some good ones to share soon.
:headspin:
Angie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.