Getting Gliders! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as oreos_my_hedgie

Getting Gliders!

So, I went to my moms work today, and long story short one of her co-workers has 2 male gliders about a year old that they want to get rid of. They are for free, and i haven't seen them yet. I'll take them no matter what. I'll ask about their diet, and wean them onto the bml diet. The owners can't stand their activeness at night. I guess these two are very very noisy. I don't mind, they'll be in a spare bedroom. They said they make a mess, I don't mind that. I plan to get them nuetered(sp?)and maybe add a girl to them(I'll talk to you- Angie about that) They come with the cage and wheel and such. The owners said their wheel is really noisy. I'm going to go order a whisper wheel. I don't know how big their cage is now. I'll be sure to get one with enough room for 3. Are there any complications with mixing sexes? Remember I'll fix the boys. I'm thinkng there were other issues. I'll go check this out. I don't want any fighting.

They want to give them to us this weekend, but right now, while we're building a house, the 4 of us are stuck in one room.My mom has enough complaints about my hedgies noise at night. When the house is done it will be fine, but i need somewhere to put them until then. I can't stick them outside, so we may just have to wait a while. I think the owners will just have to wait a month or so. any ideas? Yippee! I'm excited. I'm going to go do research. Fun Stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's great to hear. They are very cute animals Updates when you get them!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

congrats! I've had gliders for about 7 years and they still never cease to amaze me. They're great pets. If you ever have any questions on them then feel free to ask!

Kristina,
my three sugar gliders:

Meka, Mac, and Sasha