Help! Female with joey in pouch. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Help! Female with joey in pouch.

I have no clue what to do. I've always had male sugar gliders and never had to deal with females before. I have a 1 yr old male and a 3 yr old female. They are great together. I recently just received another female with a baby in her pouch. I separated them like all the research has told me to do. I introduced my male with my new female mom and they are getting along fine, but my other female is not. I placed them in the bathroom after 3 days of being able to smell each other and switched pouches etc. When I let my two females together the go after each other what looks like to kill. I'm hoping this only because my one has a baby in her pouch. Is this the case? I do know that one female can be more dominant but is it likely they will never get along until the baby is gone? I wasn't told much about my new female so I don't know how long the baby has been in the pouch and when do I remove him/her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Okay so never mind my questions. The joey has disappeared and not in the mom's pouch anymore. I think she ate it! But now my male and her are mating all the time. So I'm sure before long she will have another. I just have to get my two females to get along, since the joey is gone I'm hoping it'll be easier.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 12:22 AM

Oh my.. haha. =]