Help have a tamed seems like adult male glider and want to let him loose now - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Help have a tamed seems like adult male glider and want to let him loose now

I just got out of a forum people that the people there were ignorant and no help. I simply want to know as I had my Male glider for a month he does not bite he is tamed..Seems a bit older but a pet shop sold him to me on how to start letting him loose overnight. I owned 5 before yrs ago but never just 1. Will he return to his cage?? He is ancious as he escaped this am and I give him playtime in bathroom with me but I like to set animals free. Only thing I am afraid of is if he does not return to his cage shelter. Any suggestions I will not take no do not let him out of cage as an answer these pets need to roam for a while as they are very active..Any alternatives without a tent. Bathroom is way too boring for him. My bedrooms are huge so can get lost but at this point it wont matter if he will return as long as he gets to play and be happy. He is not trained to come to me yet he jumps on me then hops right off to play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm not sure if this is a serious post but in case it is, I would just build a large outdoor enclosure if you seriously want him to play outside. No, he will not simply return to a cage...actually, he'll probably be eaten.

Also, setting him loose is illegal.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:05 PM
It's all for them

I think the OP meant let him loose, from his cage in the house? From what little I know about sugar gliders, they are nocturnal animals, and they need companionship (more than one glider) and they need to be exercised ("set loose") at night.

I think the safest way to do it is to purchase a special 'tent', using it to bond with the gliders, and train them....so they can be allowed out and about safely, at appropriate times.

I recommend you try again on a sugar glider board and listen to what experienced glider lovers are telling you.

Declawing: please read this first
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I believe the op means in the house as well, not out doors. My advice is to let him loose in the bath room with everything glider proofed, meaning wires removed and toilet closed and any water safe, and if he does well in there to let him loose in a bedroom you could even glider proof a bed room to be his cage if you have a spare.

[/CENTER]

Tags
sugar glider