Help new glider mommy friend... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Help new glider mommy friend...

Hi
I am posting this for a friend that just became a glider mommy. She adores that little girl She is new to the whole thing and comes to me as I am her "animal freak friend" I don't know much about these little creatures though. We have been looking online but haven't found too much. Any important advice would be appreciated and ALSO, she is looking to get a great cage for her. We have been to all the pet stores in the area and no one offers much. Suggestions?? for the South Florida area?? Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm well there's a lot I would write about them but I'm not really sure what your friend needs to know. Hopefully she did her research before getting one?

I'm surprised you haven't found much online as there are some good websites about them out there. I'm going to PM you a link.

One thing I noticed is that it sounds like your friend only got one of them - and they really really should be kept in pairs. They are very social, and can become depressed and self mutilate if not kept with another glider buddy.

Is your friend able to buy a cage online? That's what most people I know who own gliders do. You can get a decent sized cage online, even sometimes from sites like ebay, for around or just under $100 usually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hi thanks for the response and the pm. Yes, she did only get one. She keep her with her ALOT. It's always in her jacket pocket or shirt etc. She did say that she would be getting another so it shouldnt be too long. I will suggest her to get cage online. Thanks!

Tags
sugar glider