How do you make Sugar Glider pouches? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question How do you make Sugar Glider pouches?

I have wanted to learn how to make Sugar glider pouches for a while now. Using the hand sewing method. lol. No sewing machine here. I was wondering if anyone is willing to give instructions on how to do it...I would love to learn, and never mind a few different instructions given by different people. Right when i had the instructions I would go out to the store and buy the materials and supplies needed so please give them too.
Thanks!
Corina

*Corina's Critter World*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Give them meaning List them.

*Corina's Critter World*

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Newborn Pup

You can make a sugar glider pouch like you would make a pillow- but use a thick material with the batting attached. Cut out two squares, and sew the printed side of the fabric (not the batting side) together on three sides, leaving one compeletely open. Turn it inside out, to where the batting is on the inside and the print is on the outside. You can place little hooks into the top and hang it from the cage (I did that- works like a charm and is very inexpensive) or you can sew straps onto the pouch. The chain hooks are recommended because the gliders may chew on the fabric handles and ruin the pouches hanging capabilities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks!

*Corina's Critter World*

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Newborn Pup

Hi there! Just make sure you use really tight stitches so that their little toes don't get all caught up in the threads. Another thought, since you dont have a sewing machine... is take ordinary items like baby hats, oven mits and other items and hand stitch a fleece liner inside. Add some ribbons to hang them by and voila! A suggie bed. Or take a beannie baby and remove the beans, stuff him will shredded fleece add a fleece lining to create a pouch. I make tons of pouches and sell them on Ebay so I have learned to be creative. It won't take long and you will be in the store or doing laundry or something and you will look at an article of clothing or a purse or hat, etc and think to yourself.... "now this just might work as a glider pouch!" lol It gets addictive so be careful and have fun.

Jacine and Crew

Come say HI at

Romeo and Julie- Gliders

Frodo Dodo

Red Dog, Koda and Gwen

Brother and Sissy

Tags
sugar glider