I got one handtamed!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I got one handtamed!!

So I have just been slowly working on handtaming my gliders so I can get to know them and give them names.

I have one tamed he will sit on my hand forever and eventually I have to take him off so I can take care of kids etc...

So I decided on a name for him--Irwin after the late great Steve Irwin. My glider is so calm and sweet so I thought it was fitting

I am still working on my other glider who has been lovingly nicknamed Mr. Crabs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sadie,Jewel,and Zucco
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Minnie
Sweetheart

Plus a proud foster momma to Momma and Mable

Proud foster mom to Naomi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm really pleased for you! It's a great feeling when hard work pays off. Hopefully Mr Crabs will see what he's missing and join in!!!

Great name, Steve Irwin was a great man who will be sadly missed.

Time Spent With Pets Is Never Wasted!

MONTY

MOLLIE

.....BOB

COMET, PLUTO & SANTOS
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Oily Chickenspew

yay! that's exciting! i know the ones at teh pet store yell and screach

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Will It Ever Change?

yay congrats!!!! i'm so happy for you! i know the feeling lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's awesome!! Congrats!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats!

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

hello pictures
i wanna see him on your hand
that is cute. i love it when animals are like that
the mean ones i could do without lol
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks everyone!! Hopefully Mr.Crabs will come around and I will be able to give him a better name. I just want to get to know him better so I can give him the right one.

I will get pics soon!

Sadie,Jewel,and Zucco
Minnie
Sweetheart

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

congrats on getting one all tame, maybe the other one will get courious and come around soon.. i'm looking forward to seeing pics of them too

My Furry Family
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

congrats

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Part of the Pack

congratulations......

12 bunnies Nanna, Frank, Charlie, Meme, Thumper, Brenda, Fuz, Fezza, Snow, Clyde, Storm, Chip.

3 dogs, Zeus, Jazy, E-Wok.

Lots and Lots of fish.

Angel my Daughter.

Lucas My Partner.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks

Mr.Crabs bit me good today--almost broke the skin. I wasn't expecting it cause I was playing with Irwin and he just came out of nowhere. I jumped a mile and now the little bugger is really scared of me. I have been putting tiny bits of honey on my finger and letting him lick it off (when he will) which is what worked with Irwin. Hopefully he will come around soon.

Sadie,Jewel,and Zucco
Minnie
Sweetheart

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww, I hope that you have better luck soon. Sounds like he's a stubborn one.

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Playful Pup

awe how cute I know the feeling!! It took forever for me to get my sugar glider hand tamed. And she was a real sweet heart after that. I miss my sugar glider

I honestly wonder why people dont think animals have souls. They love, the hurt, they care. Their more loyal than any human you'll ever meet. If they have feelings, how could they not have a soul??
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara8
Thanks

Mr.Crabs bit me good today--almost broke the skin. I wasn't expecting it cause I was playing with Irwin and he just came out of nowhere. I jumped a mile and now the little bugger is really scared of me. I have been putting tiny bits of honey on my finger and letting him lick it off (when he will) which is what worked with Irwin. Hopefully he will come around soon.
They really like baby food have you tried that yet? Mine really liked the carrots baby food

I honestly wonder why people dont think animals have souls. They love, the hurt, they care. Their more loyal than any human you'll ever meet. If they have feelings, how could they not have a soul??

Tags
pet store, sugar glider