I HATE my sugar glider!!! - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Mandypants I agree hate is a bad way to put out about a pet.Suggies can be very good pets for the right person.If you have one they need lots of time with you.
This site is very good for telling you how to bond with your suggie.
http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthre...Pit#Post660588

Jade I hope you don't mind me posting this link.
Suggies are not always a perfect pet.Sometimes bonding can take awhile.Before I found that site I got my first 2.Yeah they were biters I didn't think they would ever let me hold them.I wore a t shirt for a couple days and then put it in their cage bottom so they could get my scent.After a few days although they still insisted on nipping me they still went into a bonding pouch and I carried them around the house with me.It took awhile but we finally bonded.I now have several gliders and even have a few bra babies.
Suggies can be great if you work with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Playful Pup

Suggies are not for everyone but if you take the time with them they are really great pets. I started with a rescue that was badly treated and it took me a year to be able to pet him and have him take food from me. I can't hold or grab him but he will sit in my hand and let me pet and feed him. I also have a female and I got her when she was 8 weeks old. She is a sweetheart to everyone. She rarely crabs and has never bitten. Suggies take a lot of time to bond. Good luck.

Jana (gr8pots)
Wife to my wonderful husband Richard,
Mom to Nichole, Grandmom to Ashli, Shelly,
Markell & Kayla.
Godmom to Ana & Natalia &
Petmom to: WFB Glaze & Silica,
Syler & Halle our Mountain Feist &
Sushie & Patriot our Bettas.

Custom Cage Liners

Pottery
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Newborn Pup

I have 2 gliders they are bonded with me and each other i had an odd ball who was mean to the other gliders and never bonded with me after two months so i fed him to my boa i can understand your frustrations and these animals can be very aggravating and mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Fed him....to your boa....? Is the world filled with stupid pet owners or something? You fed him to your boa because you felt you had no other options? You didn't realize that there are particular pet owners that are good at rehabbing misbehaving pets, apparently, so I hope you feel satisfied that you essentially murdered a pet you vowed to take care of.

Two months isn't NEARLY enough time.You don't even deserve Sugar Gliders as pets....if you deserve any pets at all.
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Newborn Pup

haha why is that because my animal needs a meal its a food chain im sure u eat meat and none of my animals are mis treated actually there treated exceptially well thats why my snake got a 200$ meal stop crying hypocrite
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Part of the Pack

It was probably the little detail you should have left out. While it's a fact that snakes need to eat too it's the why it was used as a meal that will whip up some strong opinions.

post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm no hypocrite - I have no issues with feeding snakes. However, to feed it something that you vowed to take care of as its owner is just insensitive. You could have easily found him a home with someone that had the knowledge and ability to rehab mentally off Sugar Gliders, instead of taking the easy route out and just carelessly feeding him to your boa.
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Curmudgeon

Sounds like another troll post. , ...or maybe an 8yr old got on their parents computer (and can't spell the name of their home state correctly!).

Either way, this sounds like a thread that should just be ignored.

JMO

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 12:27 PM
is a little "special"

I smell a troll here...

Seriously though- You could have easily found someone to rehome him. Even if you didnt care about his little life, you would have made money by selling him. I love snakes, and I would love one some day and understand that they need to eat, but you took in this animal as a pet. Im guessing you fed it to your boa live, which is especially cruel...

And a snake really doesnt care how much his meal costs Just because you wasted $200 doesnt mean your snake is "treated exaptionally well". If you dont even care enough about your pets to find them a new home when you dont want them anymore, I highly doubt you treat them as well as you claim.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:11 PM
canis lupus familiaris

with all due respect mandy, when you say "I HATE...." it sounds more like you are just going on about how you hate the animal...not that you want help.
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Newborn Pup

Honestly they take time to warm up to you with the way your reacting im not suprised
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Part of the Pack

Yes.... some of them can take a while to warm up to you.
One of my 5 gliders took well over 6 mths.

R h a p s o d y -
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvPets View Post
Funny how this person asked for our suggestions, but never came back!! Think they just wanted to get everyone in an uproar?
With all due respect I felt that she ran for her life....
... I always take moments like this to educate the frustrated poster, not scare them off.

R h a p s o d y -
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Part of the Pack

I thought a moderater closed this post?! Just noticed, too, the original post is OLD!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Um, yeah. Not sure why it keeps getting brought back up. The original poster is long gone!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Closed Thread

Tags
hate, sell, sugar glider