I HATE my sugar glider!!! - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 02:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Woo keeping it going! LOL.

Seriously though, seeing this thread makes me cringe. I saw very few posts here that actually helped this poor girl out, obviously she was feeling frustrated and angry but she DID reach out for help and advice. Hopefully re-reading this thread will help some people see how unhelpful it is at times just to berate someone. I see both sides, but it does make me hesitant to post some things on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Rodentologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by becrac16 View Post
Woo keeping it going! LOL.

Seriously though, seeing this thread makes me cringe. I saw very few posts here that actually helped this poor girl out, obviously she was feeling frustrated and angry but she DID reach out for help and advice. Hopefully re-reading this thread will help some people see how unhelpful it is at times just to berate someone. I see both sides, but it does make me hesitant to post some things on here.
It's pretty clear when people are posting to get a reaction. She could have easily gotten help with the post "HELP, I can't bond with my sugar glider!" instead of nasty things about hating her pet and selling it.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Part of the Pack

Maybe she was very immature. Hopefully in time she will know better than to say things like that! I said things to people when I was that age (young teen) that today I am MORTIFIED when I remember! I hope her parents supervise her with her pets, too, to make sure she's mature enough to handle having them!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Rodentologist

If she's truly that young then she needs to be supervised by her parents on the internet, and they should be in charge of making sure this animal is cared for, not forcing their child to ask strangers how to provide appropriate care.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Part of the Pack

Exactly!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...

post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Part of the Pack

Just read back through all this, and actually, she didn't say how old she was! I guess I just assumed by the way she was acting that she had to be an adolescent! Also, I thought most people DID help her, despite the rude way she asked for help! And the age thing...I would trust any advice that Jess would give on pets! She's awesome. Imagine how she'll be as an adult?! The animal kingdom is lucky to have people like her around!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycat View Post
Just read back through all this, and actually, she didn't say how old she was! I guess I just assumed by the way she was acting that she had to be an adolescent! Also, I thought most people DID help her, despite the rude way she asked for help! And the age thing...I would trust any advice that Jess would give on pets! She's awesome. Imagine how she'll be as an adult?! The animal kingdom is lucky to have people like her around!

Awww, thanks! I feel special now

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 07:07 AM
RAT ADDICT

Why the heck is this thread still going?
It is old and that member is not here.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM
is a little "special"

Oh my. No need for all the name calling and such. Most of the members who posted don't even come here anymore, and it's not fair to judge a whole forum on one thread that went the wrong way. Every forum I've joined or read through has at least one thread that is like this, if not worse.

This was an old thread, and looking back I don't think anyone handled it right. Posting that you hate your pet isn't going to get you point on any animal-related forum, and we shouldn't have jumped down her throat so much. At this point I realize that it's better to be patient and educate people instead of bringing them down... I work at a pet store now, and there is LOTS of educating to do. Haha.

That being said, I don't think the way you responded was necessary or appropriate either. You called us out on judging someone we don't know, being rude, and making her feel bad... But it looks like you're doing the same thing to members of this board. You didn't need to be so demeaning either.

Not that anyone actually comes here anymore though. It was a pretty small forum to begin with, and people get busy.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Guarded by Waffles

It used to be big but it seems most of the quality/long-lasting members have left and only a few good ones are left. It seems now people come on, ask a question and then leave

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

No point in leaving this open.

Closed.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Closed Thread

Tags
hate, sell, sugar glider