Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

i might get a pair of sugar gliders!!

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
i have always loved these little guys just never really seriously considered getting them. today my husband and i went to the pet store to poke around when he said to me sara look at the sugar gliders and i of course went nuts and then he told me a friend of his has a pair of hand tamed joeys for sale for $100. so i have been doing some hard core research tonight and it sounds like something i would love to do. we wouldn't get them for a little bit yet until i had time to get everything ready but i am definitely thinking about it.

#2 · (Edited)
Research is very important.VERY.With any animal.& Sugar gliders are no exception.
Some can be messy eaters.& If you are squeamish,some parts of their diet may not be for you.

I recently found out about the "glider kitchen".I'll definately be buying one.Keeps the area around the cage more tidy as if they want to fling food it'll pretty much stay in the glider kitchen.

Some arent messy eaters though.

I'd strongly recommend getting more than one (as you mentioned).These animals can die of loneliness quite easily.
Food must be changed daily as well.

I'm getting a pair :) .

#4 ·
Oh thats cool.Sugies are really cute little guys.My boyfriend had one before I met him and now LOVES sugies.He wants to have one again someday.

As Melissa said,do your research.I know you are,but just do as much as you can!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.