I only see them at their worse. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2001, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Yes, I am a PT Member.

Unhappy I only see them at their worse.

Can someone tell me what a sugar glider is like when they are not at the vet's office being poked and prodded all over? lol

Have a smily button!
:happyspin :happyspin :happyspin

I pledge allegiance to the flag
Of the United States of America.
And to the republic for which it stands.
One nation, under God.
Indivisible.
With liberty and justice for all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and sign my guest book. Or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my chins fan mail.

Inspirational Note:
There is no question as to my guilt. It is the length and severity of my punishment that is in doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2001, 11:17 PM
Nicole

I agree that they are a ton of fun but not an animal for everyone! I had 2 males that marked everything and the odor wasn't too pleasant. When mine were out they loved to glide from atop the entertainment center in the bedroom. I had a blast with my 2 boys! They really liked the feather duster too LOL!

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2002, 04:22 PM
Dreamscape

I have 3 gliders and am in the process of looking for 1 or 2 more. My babies are so precious. My male does have a stronger smell, but he is so adorable. him and 1 of my girls play chase ON ME. They love to be out and use me as a ladder, ramp, tree top, whatever they want. They are definately NOT a good animal for most kids or people who go to bed early and can't spend alot of time with them. Their cages do have to be cleaned regularly, as well as any areas they are allowed to play. I am going to get USDA licensed to breed and sell soon, but I wont just sell to anyone. Gliders have alot of care/health needs and alot of people just have too busy of a life to care for them properly. But if you end up being one of the people who develop a strong bond with them, you'll never want to live without gliders again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Moving Out to Accommodate Her Pets

I have four gliders and they are all very different. My male and female came to me as adults, tame to an extent but each with their very own personalities. My male loves to crab and nip, not because he is mean as much as someone before me obviously used to jump when he would do this and just from the look of him when he does it, he thinks he is quite funny. My female is quite shy and loves to cuddle beside me while i watch tv. I have a spare room which used to be rented, not anymore , it is now my glider gym complete with ropes and toys and yes a tv for me lol. Because of their knack for flying out of nowhere, introduction to my cats and dogs would be impossible , so we have our own room to go play in, but I am their favorite toy to glide to and from and chase each other around on. Yes i am difinitely hooked on gliders lol. My other two are my joeys that are 8wks oop (out of pouch) and they are absolutely precious. They love to curl up in my pocket and poke their heads out for a while to see what is up. I work with rescued wild virginia oppossums in the spring and summer and they were what got me interested in gliders in the first place. I have a very large cage and smell does not seem to be much of a prob. I will be building a floor to ceiling cage very shortly. But yes i agree that they are not for everyone but i adore mine.

http://community.webshots.com/user/possummomca
Pets are for life
Not just for xmas

Tags
sugar glider