Kevin wants a glider - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Adolescent Pup

Was your ferret descented? My mom had ferrets before. and the ones that were descented didn't smell that bad, but later after the other ones died (cancer ) she got an undescented bull ferret(a large ferret) that smelled to high heavens!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Newborn Pup

We have a ferret and he has a smell much like a musky smell as described above. And I know that bathing too much will make it worse but we bath Frodo maybe once every month or so and when we do we bathe him with regular ol' baby shampoo. I have never had any problems with his skin and he actually smells good for a while afterwards but the key is all in keeping their bedding and cage clean. I have about 8 hammocks for him and we change them out every few days. I also own 2 gliders and oh boy those guys can create quite a ~stink~ as well, lol. And the funny thing about boy gliders is the more they skunk on you and mark you, that means they REALLY LOVE YOU!! lol But just like everyone has said, you get used to it and my gliders get their pouches changed quite a few times a week and you gotta keep their wodent wheel clean too. With my gliders i wipe down the outside of their cage each day and that helps with the residue and the smell a bit.

Jacine and Crew
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come say HI at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Romeo and Julie- Gliders

Frodo Dodo

Red Dog, Koda and Gwen

Brother and Sissy
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Newborn Pup

gliders smell too if you do`nt clean them regularly and i would`nt say they are low maintenance. also it is advised to have 2 or more as they are like degues they survive much better, and a lot more happy when they have a playmate, do`nt worry they will still bond with you, it is so much fun to know you have 2 little fur babies down your front or in your bra!! check out my album i have a couple of pictures of my two

any animal will bite if mistreated or provocted , my chair is just my transport, i have a voice of my own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Playful Pup

Sugar gliders are not what I would call a low maintenance pet. I have 2 females now and they are sweethearts. My avatar is my wfb Glaze and I have her baby sister Silica. I started with a rescued glider and he is now with a perfect cage mate in a forever home. Good luck deciding...do lots of research first. GC is a perfect place to get all your questions answered!

Jana (gr8pots)
Wife to my wonderful husband Richard,
Mom to Nichole, Grandmom to Ashli, Shelly,
Markell & Kayla.
Godmom to Ana & Natalia &
Petmom to: WFB Glaze & Silica,
Syler & Halle our Mountain Feist &
Sushie & Patriot our Bettas.

Custom Cage Liners

Pottery
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

*ahem* This thread is from 2003.

Stephanie

Tags
chinese water dragon, flying squirrel, sugar glider, sugar gliders