Lemon Glider - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Lemon Glider

I just got my Sugar glider yesterday. This is my first. They gave her to me to hold in the store and she was a little wild but no big deal just jumping away and not being still. I thought by looking then that she had the potential to be really sweet. I brought her home and when I went to put her into her cage she pitched a fit. she actually strikes at me out of the top of the pouch. I thought well shes just upset from the ride and all that so I opened the pouch and set it down in the cage for her to come out in her own time. she hasn't come out and crabs terribly. still striking and trying very hard to bite whatever touches her. I know it has only been one night but I worry that she may be too much to handle. I loved her in the store but now that shes here I'm afraid to pull her out with my bare hand. I need some help on getting her to come around. I know bonding takes a while but I can't get near her to start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Part of the Pack

Please do not worry your glider is not a lemon - she is a normal joey going to a new home....... just give her a few days to a week to settle in and then slowly (and I mean slowly) get to know her and on her terms not yours.

BTW - it took three months for one of my first two gliders to warm up to me.

R h a p s o d y -
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

gliders are never very calm and social right away, give a few days she is scared out of her mind

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I spent a lot of time with her yesterday and she improved and I came in last night and she was crawling around the cage and was much sweeter. she actually let me hold her and took some apple from me. I have seen a dramatic change in just a day. I guess I freaked out a little...Thanks ya'll
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Will It Ever Change?

glad she's warming up to you. changing locations always scares animals, just have lost of patience

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan