Male Glider for sale - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Male Glider for sale

I,m selling my11 week old grey male Standard Glider .I just got a female and want to just have girls ,no breeding .So i,m selling him and he isn,t that tame yet but good for a new person to bond with .if intrested just contact me anytime .
Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Rodentologist

Instead of abandoning your pet because you got a new one, you could always have your boy neutered so that he can live with your ladies.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

It's great that you don't want them to breed but I agree, why don't you look into getting the male neutered so that he can live with the females without you having to worry about them breeding?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Isn't this the one you named Q? How much would neutoring cost. Sorry if I mipsspelled neutoring

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

400 here in Oakville and there isn,t many Exotic vets here .I,m not willing to pay that kind of cash to neuter a Glider .my dog didn,t cost me that much .I,d much rather just sell Q .he isn,t to friendly and was to old when i got him due to the breeders non handling of him and not knowing his sex (thought i was getting a female anyways)and being to old when i got him .he is nasty and i,m afraid he is going to do harm to my girl when they both become acostum toone another in a mths time.he literary shoves her blanket with her scent on it accorss his cage and i,ve done it more then once to put it back .never seen that one before..
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Rodentologist

Err, well I guess congratulations on abandoning a pet because it doesn't act like you want.

Gliders can take months to bond with their owners. You have owned him for what... 3 weeks? He can't be nastier than my first foster, Zoe, who would bite us and draw blood through gloves. She's a cuddlebug now. But we didn't abandon her when she didn't act like we want. Most joeys go through a chopy phase -- the one I handraised just came off of it and now she's a cuddle bug. Too bad you're so far away, I'd love to offer this guy a chance at a better life with folks that won't give up on him.

Yes, vet care for gliders DOES cost more than your dog. It costed more than your dog before you got your glider. It's not like it magically went up in price. Part of owning a pet is being willing to pay for vet care.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

if u can get to ottawa spay and neuture clinic it would cost u alot less if you dont mind traveling

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Jennicat, maybe you can work something out and help with the shipping cost to get him to you?

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well it,s NOT like i don,t want him .I had asked for a female and the breeder gave me a male and he didn,t take any time to handtame him like i payed for and was much older then 9 weeks like was advertised .So now i try to pick him up and even sit in my tub with him and he avoids me like the plague .There is NO help here in Oakville ,NO one here has even heard of a glider here let alone a vet ..
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Spanky, can you afford to ship or work out a way to ship if someone helps pay for it?

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I don,t drive so getting to the airport is impossible and know nothing about shipping animals or cost of it .Sorry
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I was just looking on the UPS site and i didn,t know they ship animals .Well if i could do it that way then YES i can wand would ship to the destnaion but would have to have it calculated in the cost of the Glider as well.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Glider vets are expensive, that's something you should have taken into account before you got them.

If no one has heard of them there and you can't find a good vet, then what are you going to do if one of your girls gets sick? I don't understand, in one post you say it's $400 to neuter and in another you say there are no glider vets?

Maybe you could ask the breeder to take the male back? Most responsible breeders will take back animals they breed.

However I bet if you gave him more time he'd eventually come around and be more friendly. Sometimes bonding with them can take a lot of work/time.

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I now have 2 .One is very tame and female and only 9weeks .The male is much older and not tame but was suppose to be .I have them in separte cages and paying more attention to the tame one because she is younger and is already tame but has to bond with me first .I,m going by the book and swapping sleeping cloths in cages and i know it takes months before u even do the intro with them .But i don,t want ot breed .How do i go out with 2 of them ?I use a bonding pouch but how can i do two at once or should i not go there ?There is one vet in Oakvile and he isn,t a exotic vet but does small animals and never Gliders .he quoted me 400 but i,m not sure he even know what a golder was .he sounded unsure .kinda scary when even a vet doesn,t know
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Rodentologist

You'll have to take them out one at the time if they're not bonded and rotate their time out. That's what we do for all our new guys. It's important to be calm and patient with him and give him lots of licky treats (like baby food). We also feed yogurt drops and mealies by hand, which they love.

You can use the time you're bonding with him to find a vet who knows what gliders actually are. They do need vet care and it's important to have a vet that can provide them with good care -- and the time to be looking for a vet is not when your glider is cold on the ground and dying, but when they're healthy and you can find the best vet.

Tags
sugar glider