Mating? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mating?

Ok I have a question... I have done alot of research but i cant find the answers to my questions... ok i have a male and female at the breeding age... I think they were mating but i am not postive so my questions are...

1. do they make some kind of noise when thet mate...

2. does it last just at night or durning the day.

3 and does it last more then one day?

lol thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 PM

For sugar gliders the noises would be the girl crabbing at the male also she may call him in a elongation hiss or sometimes bark.

In captivity it might happen during the day or night, but really only when your sugars are active is most likely.

Well yes. It will take place during her estrous cycle, thats 28 days or until shes preggo!

Watch them carefully, males starve themselves before breeding and females are extra crabby, its not unlikely they will receive some bit wounds. Treat them right away if you see them. You dont want the male digging his teeth into an already punctured female neck. That tends to make mating into a battle for the little girly.

What are your sugars genetic btw?
I love punnet squares.

http://www.suzsugargliders.com/

Last edited by bokuza; 07-05-2009 at 10:06 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

i dont know what their ginetics are... i just got them them 3 days ago... i know the male is a rare cinnamon color but the female is the normal grey and white.

i just ment goes the matting last days ordo they mate once and thats it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 PM

Your a jack AZZ

Twits like you are the reason blind joeys are born.
Do your research before you bring about playing God.

I hope to god one of them is infertile so youll never breed.

Last edited by bokuza; 07-06-2009 at 12:12 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 AM
the rodent lover<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokuza View Post
Your a jack AZZ

Twits like you are the reason blind joeys are born.
Do your research before you bring about playing God.

I hope to god one of them is infertile so youll never breed.
That's somewhat harsh, but I do agree. Do your research, and make sure you have people who want the Sugar Gliders.

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 02:15 AM

Ray Ray would say otherwise.

I dont think it is. I own a blind chinchilla because of those exact situation! I love him and do my best for him but god is he so lonely.

He barks at night for other chinchillas to play with him.
He cant have friend because they dont understand why he creates to things the way he does. Or why he dances in circles or gets lost. He tried so hard to be a good chinny for all of his FOUR previous owners who said they were up to his challenges. They all ended up getting bored with him or just couldn't figure out his behavior.

His cataracts has made him completely blind. It developed quickly but at one point, he saw just like every other chinny. I couldn't imagine what its like for everything to slowly disappear from my eyes. For everything to turn into white clouds and then...nothing.

He was bred for pretty colors but if his so called breeder KNEW his parents genetics they would have known that both of his parents were high cataracts risk. But this person thought, I have a nice rare color with an ok color, ILL MAKE MORE!

So...I do get outrageously angry at these people because my little Ray Ray lives a life thats not as great as it could have been.
I know it in my heart he will die earlier than other chins because he couldn't have a chinny family. There is nothing I can do for him. And it kills me insides. It hurts like ****.

If there was just ONE PERSON who had made the decision to say: No! I dont know the genetics of these animals, it would be WRONG for me too breed these animals regardless of my reason.
My baby may not have been born but...it would have been worth it...for that single person to say this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 03:47 AM

PS: This is an open suture site from mating. ITS HAPPENS OFTEN, if you cant afford this kind of treatment or wont treat it breeding is even more of a bad idea.

I suggest you take a good look at all of this, this web page is the tip of the ice burg for illness and injury.
http://www.suzsugargliders.com/symptoms.htm

Last edited by bokuza; 07-06-2009 at 03:49 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

mating sugar gliders

ok calling me names isn't going to help me... i know their NOT brother and sister.. and who says i don't have the money to afford treating it... i just asked a simple question about how many days it last and if they make noises... geez
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

oh and i am not purposely breeding them I just got them... from people who have has them for years and they have already had a set of Joey's so don't call me a twit or something because i have just got them.. AND i have done reserch i just couldnt find that answer ok???
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 PM

If youve done your research you would know the questions you were asking.
Who cares if you just got them. Who cares if they already had a kit.

Separate them. THE END.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

whatever... i have been doing alot of talking to people... i know what i am doing now.. thanks for nothing
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Newborn Pup

Wow. Yikes.

I think bokuza is extremely rude. You catch more flies with honey, my dear.

JenniTaybear - I don't know the answers to the questions you're asking...but unlike bokuza, i'm not going to hide my ignorance by being a jerk and name calling.

Yes...it's probably a good idea to get the male neutered. Unless you know for certain they are not related (even if you got them separately, they COULD still be related), and can keep and provide for each suggie produced, or find them absolutely AMAZING homes with people who know how to care for them, you shouldn't be breeding them. You're a new suggie mom. Learn how to care for these two before you decide to bring more into the world. They're unique little creatures and not everyone can provide well for them.

If you choose to breed anyways...remember to offer mom some extra protein. Always have pellets/staple food available, always have water available, and make sure you have a correct cal:phos ratio.

Do your research, and make sure you have a knowledeable vet who can help you, if you have questions or problems. Plan for the worst, and hope for the best.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

this is an old post
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Newborn Pup

Leave it to a newbie to resurrect the old posts. lol
Thanks for pointing that out.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

no problem! it happens

Tags
mating sugargliders