Merry Christmas! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Merry Christmas!

I just got my fist Sugar Glider 2 days ago .I have today finally put her into her bonding pouch .I was out with her from 7 this morn till now and it,s say 6ish almost .She doesn,t wake till 10 .So how long should i leave her in it?Just wondering and thanks .If you have any suggestions for a name it would be great .
Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

is it a girl or boy ?
if its a girl id say glinda
and if its a boy how about chuck or charley

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks

it is a she and i do like Glinda so i may use it .Do u have any Gliders?I have a few questions to ask if you don,t mind?I put her into her bonding puch today and she was shaking on and off .Is that normal ?And when she is in her cage she seems to just freeze and not move alot .She is eating and drinking and yes she does Crab but i expect that one for awhile .She does take treats from my hand but very heastly .How long should she be in her pouch with me threw the day ?I had her in it today from 8in the morn to say 8 in the eve .She doesn,t come alive till about 10 to eat and play on her wheel .if you can give me any info it would be greatly appreciated .
Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats! Are you going to be getting her a friend eventually? Gliders are highly social and really do best in at least pairs.

Since they are nocturnal, they sleep most of the day. She should be fine sleeping in a bonding pouch all day. But if it where me, I think I'd put her back in the cage a few times a day just in case she wants to get up and go to the bathroom, or get a drink of water or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

One,s enough ..but thanks for the concern

Actually i,m not going to get another Glider .I,m home alot and i DO have the time for her .But thanks for responding
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

It doesn't matter if you're with her a lot - you're not a glider. Interaction from a human doesn't replace having another glider around. It's your decision of course, but gliders kept alone are a lot more prone to depression and self mutilation even with the attentions of their human owners.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but sugar gliders are a colony animal, they are happiest in at least pairs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks

well maybe in the New year i,ll look into getting another one .But right now i,m almost broke from Xmas shopping .

Tags
just asking.