my adventure to get torg.... FINALLY - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

my adventure to get torg.... FINALLY

man what a pain in the butt.

We left for the airport at like 4:15 b/c I wanted to miss Friday after work traffic. His flight was due in at 6:05 and it's about a 45 min drive... well I called three times before we left to make sure quikpak cargo stayed in the airport and not at the cargo site and they assured me it did. So when we got there we went to try to get some food at the food court and wander the mall b/c we were there around 5:20 well they wouldn't let us through without a ticket so the only thing we could have was starbucks. Information insisted it's been like this since 9/11 but it hasn't b/c I've been to the airport 5 times since then, twice without a ticket and was allowed through.

so then we go to continental to check the flight which was on a 9 min delay and ask if he would be at their service desk and she said yes. So we went down there to ask them how long it takes for them to get him since we coudln't go anywhere but ticketing and baggage claim and to the car. We get there and they're like, no you have to go to cargo. WTF...

so since parking is free for 30 min and i was there 33 i had to pay $3 for them to drag me around in circles

but we finally made it to cargo around 6pm and Torg arrived around 6:20 to me. Everyone was like "so what do you do with a glider" lol it was so funny. We got him in the car and I was kinda thinking he'd be so frantic after being in a carrier all day that if I tried to put him in my glider go bag he'd run frantic around the car so Phil helped convince him he wanted to hop in there (it was warmer and fuzzier anyway)..

We stopped at a pet store and then went home to finish his cage. He was so scared. He crabbed only twice but was shaking the whole time. The disk in our camera is needing replaced so I couldn't get many shots.

I put him in between Kami and Kaze and Erwin and Brisbee and just left his glider go bag open for awhile to see if he'd come out on his own to explore since he was so scared... and he would peek out and see four gliders just staring at him and it scared him so we had to make him come out (i at least wanted him to eat).. he found his wheel after an hour and was very content staying there

this morning when I woke up he was still there playing... such a sweet lil boy ate all his mealies and melon balls too!!

I have a pic of his cage and a pic of his wheel but like i said the camera's being dumb until i get a new disk.. hopefully i'll get one tonight...

pics of torg have been added here. I only have two up for now. One is him in his wheel this morning and one is after I was sitting there petting him in the cage and playing with his tail last night.

If you go back to the main TMarie album into cages you can see the first stage of his cage also.. I am adding more things tonight and tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 03:57 PM

What a sweetie!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 09:55 AM

Well with all that traveling he looks like he has settled in just fine! I never seen such a ham of a sugar glider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Romping Ratties

MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!! They are just so adorable!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

omg how adorable!! He looks like such a sweetie

congrats on your new addition, I am sure he's going to bring you lots of love and joy!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 09:55 PM

OMG He is tooo adorable!!! I'd really like to get a glider someday, but my other half says no more variety... *sniff* he is a cutie though!! Congrats!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Awww thanks guys. Ends up I just put a deposit down for his friend finally. She is a het for wf and her name will be Zoe. She's 5 weeks old now and since Torg is 9 they will be very close in age which is good for introductions.

I can't wait!!!

I will have more pics later you know I will.

Tags
pet store, sugar glider