Omg!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Kritter_Keeper

Omg!!!!

Ok... was looking at some sites and well... I think Taz... well... I'm pretty sure he's a she! I can't exactly find the pouch... but I think there's a spot where it is.... he doesn't have uh... his manhood either! So is he a she?! Or are all neutered males like this?????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2003, 07:42 PM

Depending on the vets technique you may have problems finds evidence of manhood lol. But if it is a girl the little up and down slit of the pouch is unmistakeable. If he is a she you definitely will not be the first person that this has happened to lol.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Kritter_Keeper

Well there is definately something... Not sure if its a pouch though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:00 AM

hmmmm, well if you can part the fur a little you should see an actual slit (up and down direction) on the tummy. If she will allow it when gentally pulled it should open a tiny bit. Check with your vet at your next wellness checkup if all else fails lol.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:42 AM
Kritter_Keeper

"It" bites me when I flip it over, lol. Taz isn't too happy about all this.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Kritter_Keeper

Oh and... do you breed opposums?

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 11:53 AM

If you are doing this inspection work lol on your own the easiest way is to have Taz on a slick surface (counter top) where he/she can't get grip with back feet then get down to eye level and gently lift her up by the tail just enough to see under her belly. Really shouldn't make a huge diff though unless you plan on getting a buddy but even then we have deducted from the evidence or lack there of that if it is a male it is neutered so you could get either sex as a buddy. Problem would be if you planned on breeding.
I foster wild opossum for a wildlife center. So I care for and rear injured or orphans then release them when they are old enough. I also foster squirrels and last yr some skunk out of my home .. All the other animals are at the center ie racoon marmot etc.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Kritter_Keeper

COOL! What rewarding work

Tags
neutered male