Ooopps I did it again - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Ooopps I did it again

I am going to be in sooo much trouble.LOL
I bought not one but 2 sugar gliders today.They are in seperate cages since they are father daughter.THe father is very aggressive since he lost his mate but the little girl is a doll.She came out and I snapped 3 pics of her.Her name is Little Girl and she is around 3 years old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

LIttle Girl 2

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Last one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Runt!! You can't DO that to me!! I want one of these guys soo bad!

They're adorable, Congrats!!

Stephanie

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Alena

congrats!!!!

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Sorry Jade:hershey: I couldn't help myself.I have been wanting one of these for years and couldn't get one.Now I have 2 and I didn't ask hubby if I can have them.I got 2 cages 17x17x33 2 gliders and all their food for $100.00.Little girl is so friendly.THe guy said the male would bite.I told him we will work with him that his bite can't be as bad a a chinchilla.LOL
Thanks Alena

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 03:47 PM

Congrats Runt,
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Thanks Sassy
The male Egan hasn't come out yet.I hope the change don't cause him too much stress.I haven't seen him yet just his little nose.Little Girl has come out alot today.I am going to make them new pouches tomorrow.The ones they have smell really bad as did thre cages when I got them

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:27 AM

Wow what a deal you got there! Good luck with these little guys - they are soooo cute. If anyone can make them into little sweethearts it is definitely you!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Thanks Dena
I was up late waiting foor Egan to come out.I went in a put my hand in his cage and let him smell my hand to see what he would do.He nipped me a couple of times but I didn't move my hand and I did get to touch him some.I am going to make their new pouches today and I will make them one each for me to carry them around threw the day till I get bonded with them.The young guy i got them from said to carry them around for awhile and it shouldn't take long for them to bond with us.I hope he is right.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 09:47 AM

Runt, when my son got his glider the lady told him to put a t-shirt on and tuck it in then put another one over it tuck that one in too, put the glider in his pouch between the two shirts. He did it for awhile with his and it seemed to work out ok. Just an idea.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Sassy that is what the guy said.I have got to get them a clean pouch first as the ones they are in stink very bad.I can't get them out of the old one till they come out later tonight and then I am going to burn the ones they are in.LOL Their cages and everything was scrub yesterday before I put them back in them.They have a very strong ordor.THey still shiver in their pouch and the male will scream when I touch his pouch very cute but eerie sound.I have been doing alot of research on them the past few days.I want to make sure they stay healthy as they seem to be harder and require alot of different kinds of things to eat.I am going shopping for them today to get every fresh fruits and Vegs they eat.I am going to pick up meal worms for them to.I just hope Hubby don't get to mad at me.He said no more chins or hamsters he didn't say a word about No more pets of any kind.LOL I really hope the guy loves me alot when he sees them.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:49 PM

Congratulations Runt.
For bonding also to take one of your tshirts that you have worn all day and put that in the cage will help them get used to your scent . Licky treats are a bribe that most sg's can't resist. I just took in two sg's as rescues because of biting and they have almost quit( i do say almost lol) and i picked up a sg from state side couple of weeks ago but she is a real sweet heart. There are so many cool things for sg's in the states. I picked up what they call a bra pouch which is just a small 4x3 inch pouch with aligator clips instead of a string. This thing is great because you can clip it to your bra or tshirt and when you bend over or whatever the pouch is not swinging around. I now have 6 sg's and they are all awesome in their own ways. Again congrats and if i can be any help let me know
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:55 PM

Also Runt when it comes to food. If something is out of season like right now up here i can't get blueberries i buy babyfood blueberries. Because they quite often only chew up the food and eat the juices and then spit back out the husks or pulp they love babyfood. And i can have many more varieties of fruit and veggies by buying fresh , frozen and baby foods
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Thanks possummomca.I saw some of those pouches and am going to make those kind.I have to pick up the hooks today to put on their pouches.Yes that is what I have read.I also read where you can freeze the baby food in ice trays and take out what you need.I found a recipe to make it is called Leadbeaters Mix.I also read where you can use 100% fruit juice and scoop out alittle to feed them.I have a dehydrator and I can dehydrate some fruits for them.

Tags
dried fruit, dry food, meal worms, seperate cages, sugar glider, sugar gliders