Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Owning a suga glider.

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rhapsody 
#1 ·
Hello
I was hoping you guys can help me out, im really considering
gettin a
sugar glider but dont know much about them. I wanna get a better idea from actual owners on the topic before actually getting one. Any info will help. Are they loud? Do they bite? Is it a high maintenance pet? Messy?
Smelly? Another thing I read was that its almost a requirement to own 2 and never 1 , is this true? And is it true that you have to feed them like crikets and worms beacause thats a big drawback. I did some research online on sugar gliders but once again thought I should get an idea from
experienced owners first.

Thank you guys so much in advance for any help.

Phil

#2 ·
hi i dont actually own any but am getting some at christmas and are very well informed on them!yes they need to live in pairs unless you are willing to provide 2-3 hours a night of attention even there 2 is much kinder as they might dye of depression! Yes you have to feed them mill worms and crickets it is a big set back for me as well but it is very important in there healthy diet.They do bark at night time and smell some what.Yes they are very high mantanince pet they are like a baby but if you are willing to provide 10-15 yrs of love and attention then you will have a very rewarding pet!The diet seems very complicated but once you get it going it becomes easier.Also if you are young who will look after it while you are in uni? But i love them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.