Owning a suga glider. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Owning a suga glider.

Hello
I was hoping you guys can help me out, im really considering
gettin a
sugar glider but dont know much about them. I wanna get a better idea from actual owners on the topic before actually getting one. Any info will help. Are they loud? Do they bite? Is it a high maintenance pet? Messy?
Smelly? Another thing I read was that its almost a requirement to own 2 and never 1 , is this true? And is it true that you have to feed them like crikets and worms beacause thats a big drawback. I did some research online on sugar gliders but once again thought I should get an idea from
experienced owners first.

Thank you guys so much in advance for any help.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Newborn Pup

hi i dont actually own any but am getting some at christmas and are very well informed on them!yes they need to live in pairs unless you are willing to provide 2-3 hours a night of attention even there 2 is much kinder as they might dye of depression! Yes you have to feed them mill worms and crickets it is a big set back for me as well but it is very important in there healthy diet.They do bark at night time and smell some what.Yes they are very high mantanince pet they are like a baby but if you are willing to provide 10-15 yrs of love and attention then you will have a very rewarding pet!The diet seems very complicated but once you get it going it becomes easier.Also if you are young who will look after it while you are in uni? But i love them!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarGliders:) View Post
Yes you have to feed them mill worms and crickets it is a big set back for me as well but it is very important in there healthy diet.
Meal Worms will do just fine.... 5 large meal worms per glider.
... I fed super meal worms (2 per glider) so I did not have to worry about them changing into beetles.

R h a p s o d y -

Tags
sugar glider, sugar gliders