Please Help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Question Please Help

Please help, i have just started looking after my friends Sugar Glider as she is away snowboarding, the problem is that the glider has started to bald in two small places on the top of the head. As i am in the uk i know there are no vets with and knowledge of sugar gliders and i know nothing about them. What should i do??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Newborn Pup

Sounds like she is stressed from being away from her owner. Are you playing with her at all? It would be best if you gave her at least 2 hours of supervised playtime each night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 min pin-Shasta
3 cats-Milo, Oliver & Ojo
3 sugar gliders-Razzle & TicTac & KitKat
1 finch-Noodle
1 button quail-iPod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

do you know if the glider is male or female? Male gliders will develop bald spots on their heads, since it is a scent gland. So i could be perfectally natural.

Psst...I have baby ringneck doves for sale! Pieds and an albino! Contact me for availability and pricing! Shipping can be worked out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Newborn Pup

Well, she said two spots. Males only have one spot on their head, right in the middle of their ears, but not touching them. Are the spots that you're talking about right near the ears? My Chester got those, from overgrooming, but when I got him a friend, they went pretty much away. They will also overgroom because of stress. Has he had these spots before you started taking care of him? Is he living with any other gliders?

1 min pin-Shasta
1 finch-Noodle
1 button quail-iPod

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

The sugar glider is a female and i am playing with her for about 4 hours a day (she does sleep a lot, wakes up about 11.30 most nights.) The bald spots started before i was given her, by my friend. She fights with all the gliders she has been with so a friend would be pointless. She is very use to me and i have looked after her before and she was fine then. Thanks for the help.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Newborn Pup

Try to find a vet, even if he doesn't know much about sugar gliders, if he's willing to see them, have them do a fecal smear and float. It sounds like it might be sick, but I don't know for sure.

1 min pin-Shasta
1 finch-Noodle
1 button quail-iPod

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks very much will give it a go?

Tags
sugar glider, sugar gliders