Seriously thinking of getting a sugar glider... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Sugar Glider Discussion Cozy pouches, fluffy tails, bright eyes, and all else sugar glider.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Thanks . Yeah, I wish I remembered where I had seen those harnesses.

I'm still looking for a good breeder. Alot of them seem to be way upstate which is too far. Pocket Angels is in Rockland County. I don't remember where that is so I'm gonna go look it up.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 05:23 PM

hmm.. I can't think of any breeders where you live.. would you consider shipping? I don't believe shipping would have any bad effects on a glider any more then a car ride would.. but I've never recieved or sent off any gliders that way
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I actually found a small breeder in the same city as me! I e-mailed them and hopefully they'll respond. If not, I probably have to ship. It's just that it's expensive and I would be worried about something happening to the glider.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:12 PM

that's great news! I would, like you, much rather get my glider by hand then shipping!
hope it works out!
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikisFinity
that's great news! I would, like you, much rather get my glider by hand then shipping!
hope it works out!
Thanks . I hope it does too! Now it's time to shop around for cages and stuff . Do you have any pics of your enclosure?

~Stephanie

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:00 PM

you're welcome!
this is my cage! I got it from Suncoast and most of the items that come with it when you buy the whole package. It's great and is the perfect size!
http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage.htm
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikisFinity
you're welcome!
this is my cage! I got it from Suncoast and most of the items that come with it when you buy the whole package. It's great and is the perfect size!
http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage.htm

Thanks . I remember seeing that before when I was researching ^_^. I want to get the cage with the expanded supplies pack .

Well, the e-mail didn't go through to the breeder =/. I guess they changed e-mail addresses or don't breed gliders anymore? So I have to keep looking.

~Stephanie

post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:23 PM

They stopped selling the cage? I hope not! Did you try to add it on to your cart?
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:46 PM

oh wow. Completely ignore my last message. I'm so out of it from taking the SAT today! haha. I thought you ment the cage, not the glider. lol!
I hope you can find another breeder! I hate to say to look in the newspaper because you don't know if the breeders are good or not, but you may find one for sale. you never know, you might find one that way if you're going for it locally.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Yeah, I've been looking in the newspaper and on petfinder as well. A while ago, there were several for sale around here and now that I'm getting one I can't find any . Figures.

~Stephanie

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 03:37 PM

lol! That's always how it is! I remember getting my cats.. My parents finally agreed to allow me to get a cat (and all the other times there was TONS of cats to choose from) but when I was actually looking there was hardly ANY! I finally rescued two from friends of gummi. They're good cats but they're spoiled ROTTEN! They sleep on a down comforter! I mean, common! My bed isn't even that nice!!
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

lol, sounds like my bunnies! I have a bunk-bed and one of my rabbits, Sakura, has the bottom bunk all to herself .

~Stephanie

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 04:46 PM

lol! Yea, my animals have it better then I do!
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:19 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
Nope, I've already looked there =/. They're mostly way upstate from me or in NYC. I'm kind of in between x_X.

~Stephanie

Closed Thread

Tags
dry food, pet store, social animals, sugar glider, sugar gliders